Chapter 4

Stephen Curry

I just received a call saying Ayesha was in the hospital. Even though we aren't on the best of terms, I decided to come see her. As I rushed through the hospital doors, I ran to the reception desk to see which room she was in.

"Excuse me?"

"Whaaat?" The receptionist whined, popping her gum obnoxiously.

"No girl, not you. Some dude in here keep botherin' me like daang, can't a bitch get some peace and quiet." She complained to whomever was on the other end.

"Look, I just need to know what room my friend is in." I said, growing impatient.

"Ugghhhh," she groaned moving her hair out her face, "what's her name?"

"Ayesha, Ayesha Alexander."

"Ohh, you can't go in unless you're family. Sorry." She said, flashing a fake smile.

"What? Well.....I'm her boyfriend!" I said hesitantly.

"Mhmmmnnnn. Go in. It's room b-thirteen." She said, obnoxiously.

I rolled my eyes at her before heading to Ayesha's room, when I arrived I seen the doctor with a clipboard in hand, talking to an older man which I assumed was her father.

"Excuse me? Is this Ayesha's room?" I asked knocking on the open door.

"Yes it is. Who are you?" The man asked.

"I'm Wardell, Ayesha's friend."

"Well in that case, this is her room." He said, motioning for me to come in. "I'm her father, and that's her mother." He said nodding his head towards a sleeping women in the corner.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Alexander. How is she?" I asked glancing over at the women who was resting on her bed, face paler than usual.

"The doctor was just filling me in. You can proceed." He said to the Doctor.

"Well, she appears to have blunt forced trauma to her brain. The man who dropped her off said she fell on something? It could have been that but more than likely, it seems she's suffered a blow to the back of her head. We'll know for sure after we get the x-rays back. And by the way, we tried to keep the guy here but he rushed off in a hurry. A nurse will be with you shortly to update you on her condition." He said, exiting the room.

"That damn Keon." Her father growled angrily.

"Keon sir?" I asked.

"Her lousy, no good, ex boyfriend. I've always suspected he's been hitting her. But she always covers up for that damn fool. Just wait till I get my hands on him." He growled.