Chapter 5

After leaving the hospital, I decided to visit Klay because I really needed someone to vent to, and he's usually the person I talk to about these sort of things. I rang his doorbell repeatedly trying to get an answer. He probably has one of his hoes in there like usual.

"Wassup boy." Klay said, dapping me up after he finally opened the door.

"Nothing much. Who's that?" I asked referring to the 170 pound girl sitting on his couch in nothing but a snug tank top.

My hoe. He mouthed as I tried to muffle my laugh.

"Well aren't you going to introduce me?" She asked with attitude.

"Steph this is uh, uhhh, Jenna...?" He said more as a question than a statement.

"It's Jela you asshole!" She said marching over to us.

"Look, if you expect to get that 50 dollars your ass was begging for, then you need to take your ass over there." He pointed to the kitchen. She huffed and stormed into the kitchen.

"Come in man." He stepped aside letting me in.

"Bitch gone correct me.....Jela, Jenna whatever the hell her name is...like it matta' or something." He mumbled leading me into his den.

"What's up?" He asked as we plopped down on the couch.

"Nothing much, just a lot of drama with Ayesha." I said taking a Cola from Jela as she walked back into the kitchen.

"That bad redbone you been kickin' it with?"

"Yes her." I said cracking a small smile.

"Man, I know your punk ass ain't with her." He laughed.

"Shit, not yet."

"You can't get with a girl like that." He said kicking his feet up.

"Whatever yo. I could could if I wanted to." I smirked.

"You tryna' put your money where your mouth is?" He asked sitting up straight.

"Whatchu' getting at?" I asked, getting intrigued.

"I bet you 500 dollars, that you can't get with Ayesha in the next month. And if you actually hit it, I'll double it." He smirked.

"You're on Thompson."

"Cool." He said kicking his feet back up.

Soooo.........?" I said wondering about the women in the kitchen.

All of a sudden he started laughing really loud.

"I know what you're thinking. That ain't my girl. She just an old friend. But I ain't seen her in forever, and she got fat on me." He said, cracking up.

"You wrong Klay." I said shaking my head.

"But for real. She called me the other day and she was talking about how her mother put her out. So knowing me, I'm the nice guy. I did the right thing and gave her a place to stay. But last time I seen shortie, she was like 50 pounds lighter. But on the phone I didn't know she was big, and then she showed up and I was like yooooo. But she cook for me so it's whatever." He said leaning back, grinning.

"At least she's pretty." I said, going along with Klay.

"Man, pretty ain't good enough." He laughed.

"That's what you think of me?"

We turned our heads to see a very angry Jela.

"Uhhh......we were talking about someone else?" He tried.

"Nice try. If that's what you think of me, I'll just get out of your house. But this isn't the last time you'll hear or see of Jela Monet' Smith. Trust me."

Me and Klay just stared at eachother with wide eyes.

It's been a month since I left the hospital and ive been keeping tabs on Ayesha through her father. She gets released today and even though she doesn't know it yet, I'm going to pick her up instead of her dad. Before I arrived at the hospital, I stopped to get her a teddy bear and flowers from the store to say I'm sorry about the argument we had. After finding her room, I knocked twice on the door. Without getting an answer I walked in. I was about to take a seat in the chair,until the view drew me to the to the window. Wow, I never realized how beautiful San Francisco was at night.

"Gorgeous right?" I heard Ayesha ask as she came and stood beside me.

"Beautiful." I said smiling and walking towards her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"I'm here to apologize. I didn't mean to make you upset the other day." I said walking closer.

"And the flowers and teddy?" She questioned.

"All for you baby girl." I smirked.

"Aw, Wardell you are the sweetest." She stood on her tippy toes to kiss my nose.

"Just a nose kiss?" I asked, pouting.

"For now, yes. Can you grab my bag? Someone's gonna be here to pick me up any minute now." She motioned towards the pink Adidas duffle in the corner.

"That would me." I grinned.

"And who's idea was it to send me with you?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Mine, now let's go." I smirked, grabbing her bags.

"Fine." She groaned, gathering her things.

"You want to chill at my house, watch a movie or something?" I asked hopefully. I mean, we've been doing this 'friendship' thing for two months now. Something's got to give.

"Sure Wardell, why not." She grinned.