Drink A Beer

Luke

Today is Kendall's funeral. I was in a black button up with black pants. I'm singing drink a beer. It's been really hard on McKenna, shes barely eating and stays in her room crying herself to sleep on Hunter. Hopefully she can get some closure today and she can be happy because I know hunter wants to propose to her soon,but he wants to do it when shes happy.

McKenna

Today Im saying a speech at Kendall's funeral, and dads singing drink a beer. I put my hair in a french braid and put on my black dress with my black heels, I'm not bothering to put makeup on because I will cry too much and it will just look really bad.
Time to get this over with.

The ride over was really quiet. when we got there I got up to the podium to say my speech.

Welcome,

Thank y'all for coming to help us celebrate Kendall's life and share our grief at her passing.

My name is McKenna Bryan, and Kendall and I have been best friends since we were around five. We lived just 3 houses apart in Atlanta Georgia, and we spent part of nearly every day together as kids.

When I think of Kendall as a child, I remember how much she loved exploring the woods behind our house. Half of our summers were spent wandering through the woods, looking for sticks to make stuff with, climbing trees, and generally doing things that would put us in timeout if they found out.

I have to share one memory that really illustrates Kendall's fearlessness. Some of the neighborhood boys had built a treehouse along the woods edge. Kendall, being fearless, decided that it would be a good idea to go up to the tree house and play truth or dare, some of those dares were gross, for example one of the dares were to eat a cup full of worms, well she did and had the stomach flu for a week and a half

Kendall didn't really have a good family, her parents were awful to her and her grandparents died when she was ten. Her grandparents were always there for her. When they died Kendall became depressed and tried to commit suicide, just so she could be with her grandparents, because she couldn't stand being away from them.

It may comfort us all a bit to realize that Kendall is now with her beloved grandparents, Hank and Mary, and that someday we'll all be together again when we cross over to the other side. This is only a brief parting in the larger scheme of life.

One thing you may or may not know is that Kendall was a huge fan of my dad Luke Bryan and shes the one who actually got me the tickets to see him. She particularly loved the song drink a beer and she made me promise at the concert when Luke started singing drink a beer that if she passed before I did, I would play the song at her memorial, or at least read the lyrics. So, Luke is here to sing it with his guitarist Michael. I hope they leave you with the message that time will heal our wounds, and that life truly does go on.

Thank you all for coming.

Hey guys, how did you like this chapter???

The next chapter will have a bit of a time skip but not by too much.

Please vote and comment

-mackenzie