14 - Plans and Lunch

~ Jane's pov, sorry, but your going to have to read Jane's point of view for a while... but it's important... IT'S LEADING UP TO THE CLIMAX!!! not quit there yet though, but close... ~

I watched as Jeff held the girl he loved, as he walked home. I stood on the roof of a random house, getting a bird's eye view of everything. I hopped down from the roof and ran to the house that they just exited. This must be her friends house. I had a brilliantly evil idea pop into my head, and I decided to put it into action.

I went to the front of the house, and made myself look really worried - made myself look the part for what I'm going to do next.

I stepped up on the porch and rang their doorbell, a few moments later the door opened, revealing a middle-aged woman. "Hello? May I help you?" She asked me pleasantly.

"Oh, um, the poster's said that I should call or come here if I have any information on the missing girl..." I said, faking a nervous, worried persona.

"You've seen Addilyn?!" She said, hope in her tone. A teenage girl came running down the stairs and stood behind her mom. I recognized her as that girls best friend.

"Yes! I couldn't talk to her, but I saw her... I hope that my information is somewhat helpful." I said, making myself seem shy.

"Of course! Come on in, would you like something to drink?" She offered, leading me inside their home. I accepted and followed them both upstairs, to a well furnished living room. I sat down on the chair the mother offered me. She walked into the kitchen and got me some coffee. "My name is Rachel, this is my daughter, Addilyn's best friend, Alexis."

"It's very nice to meet you both, my name is Jane." I said, quietly, taking a sip of my coffee. I'm surprisingly really good at playing the part of the shy girl.

"Please, tell us, what information do you have about Addilyn, anything you have will be great help!" The teenager - Alexis - said, her voice and face revealing her anticipation and hope.

"Like I said, It's not much, but, um, where to start... So, I was going on my morning jog and I decided to go through the forest, and I saw the girl that looked like the girl in the poster!"

"Can you confirm that she was the girl?" Rachel said.

"I am like 90% sure it was her, but her outfit..." I said, trailing off, looking at the floor.

"What? What's was wrong with her outfit?" Alexis said, I could tell that she was faking all this too, because she already knows this stuff.

"She was wearing a bloody white hoodie! It was covered in blood, but none of it looked like her own, it looked like someone else's!"

"Wait, what?" Rachel said, confused. She wasn't confused at my words, she was confused at the situation itself.

"I'm not sure Miss, but when I saw her, she was running deep with in the woods... I hope this information is of any help."

"Oh, yes. It does help, a lot. Thank you very much!" Rachel started. "Do you happen to know if she was with anyone? And approximately what time did you see her?"

I took another drink of my beverage. "I didn't see anyone with her, but she was looking around like she was trying to find something, or someone. She looked to be in a hurry too. I saw her roughly an hour ago... Maybe 45 minutes..." I lied.

"Alright, thanks again, please, feel free to stay for a while if you want. I just need to call some people."

"Thank you..."

Alexis approached me, I looked up at her with the best innocent eyes I could manage. She started to speak. "Did Addy look like she was hurt?" She asked, pretending like she didn't just see her a few minutes ago.