Prologue

Fear.

The dictionary defines fear as an unpleasent emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or threat.

But the dictionary fails to mention what happens to the person. It changes you and not always for the better.

It can turn sane people to madness. It can turn the bravest souls into absolute cowards. Fear is a tyrant; it controls you. And that is exactly what happened to me.

My name is Marley Harris. I was put up for adoption at the age of 7 when my dad died and my mom couldn't handle being a single parent. Or so I'm told. I don't remember much of my childhood. I pushed it all out of my head.

Within the same year I lost everything I gained back some hope. I was adopted by a young couple who couldn't have children. They gave me a loving home and I was raised with everything I would ever need. I had my bestfriend and even a boyfriend.

It's funny how fast somethings can change.

On the 10th anniversary of my adoption I started to receive threats from my own personal stalker. I was a pawn in their game for their personal enjoyment.

Before I was happy and carefree. Then I was scared and controlled. Like I said before fear changes you. I was helpless as she made my world crumble around me. Showed me things I didn't know before making me feel like an oblivious little girl. She was unpredictable. That's what was terrifying.

She was the predator. I was the prey. And the hunt was on.