Chapter 9

~Boxes~

Atlanta

That's all I saw.

His eyes are all I see in that one moment and all I see is blue.

There just that kind of blue you can get lost in. The kind if blue you could stare at for hours.

We were like that for a few minutes and it didn't get awkward. Our body's were centimeters apart and our faces were even closer. He started to lean in, closing his eyes and so did I.

Buzz buzz buzz

My phone went off, causing both me and Chandler to pull away quickly.

"You sh-should probably that." He said in a shy tone, his face beginning to redden.

Lowering my head, I made my way towards my desk a picked up my active phone and pressed the answer button.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hi sweetie, just wanted to let you know, I've gone over to Gina's house and both the boys are at some party sleepover thing, so you'll be home alone until about 11-11:30. Is that alright?" My mums voice said from the other side of the phone.

"Y-yes, yes it's fine." I stuttered, still in shock from what almost happened.

"Atlanta are you alright?" My mum asked.

"Yer, yer, I'm fine." I said shaking my head slightly.

"Okay, well just call me if you need anything, see you later sweetie."

"Bye mum." I said before hanging up.

I looked back to Chandler who was looking back down at the floor again.

"Anyway," I said, trying to break the awkward silence, "wanna see what's in these boxes?"

He looked up, a small smile on his face," Yer, sure."

I took the scissors and opened them so each blade was as far apart as possible. I then held it inbetween the two blades and dragged one blade across the tape holding the two tabs together.

I unfolded the two top tabs and then the two underneath. There sat the bass drum of the drum kit.

"Oh yer, of corse, you drum don't you." Chandler said, walking over to the box.

"How do you know I drum?" I asked, curiously.

"oh umm, I-I've seen in your, Instergram." He said slyly, turning slightly red again.

"Oh, I didn't think anybody really looked at my Instergram, especially you." I said, slightly shocked.

"What do you mean 'especially you'?" He asked, making air-quotations around the last two words.

"Well, I mean, your popular aren't you, you have that super popular girlfriend and everyone knows about you. I mean, I'm known but only because I'm new, that will die down soon enough. I'm also not that normal. I'm shy, not big on talking to others, I don't have the latest fashion or even know what it is. I play the drums, like video games, I'm not pretty-" but I was cut off but Chandler

"You are pretty." He blurted out, clearly regretting saying it straight away.

Chandler