Assassin's Bride Chp37

Hello my lovely readers, Hope y'all like and enjoy this chapter! 

________________________________________________

~*Darkness is my only friend, because its as Dark as the soul that resides in my heart~* TheQueenofDarkness

Morning just unlocked its door for afternoon as the sun mounted higher in the sky. Wind twirled around the serene street allowing the trees to dance along with it. The sky up ahead was radiant, so bright that it appeared white in the eyes of the beholders. Far away, just beyond the mountains dark clouds unchained their wings ready to quench earth's thirst. The creatures that resided in the woods rose from their slumber when at once an eerie feeling drifted with the wind.

Something was immensely wrong!

Trees opened their eyes to discern the hazard but failed. The sky bowed it's head in order to hunt for peril. Was it the clouds that peeked over the mountains miles away? Was it the creature that waited in the car, staring at the café, waiting for his woman to step in hell? Was it the brute that waited along with his men to abduct the girl? Or was it the Beast that waited to terminate the brute?

Something was exceedingly wrong!

The sky hissed when Faith Baron ambled down the granite pavement with a smile on lips, hand tight around her leather bag. Her hair swayed as wind enfolded her in a warm cloak. She appeared blithe and tranquil, as if the savage being had not been present in the chamber early this morning, as if the beast had not forewarned her of death that waited with its scythe. However, the slight frown between her brows did not go unnoticed by the sky up ahead.

Something was terribly wrong!

Faith pushed away her hair that swathe like a rope around her throat and halted in front of the small vintage restaurant. There were not many customers around, she shrugged her shoulders, ran her hands down her blue summer dress pulled at her collar then opened the glass door. The bell chimed at her entrance, announcing her arrival. Faith took in the small, pleasant restaurant and frowned, there were only two girls sitting by the corner. She averted her gaze from them to the left in search for the man and soon spotted him by the other corner looking at her, a grin greeted her lips at his sight.

She shook her head and made her way towards Wade who rose to his feet. Faith outstretched her hands, the Jayden playboy took her hands in his and gave them a gentle squeeze. He stared at her, in her impeccable eyes and smiled to which the girl narrowed her eyes marginally.

"My, my, you sure look ravishing," he parted her hands to look at her. "This beautiful dress is so tempting," He winked then pulled a chair out for his guest.

"Thank you. Aren't you the gentleman."

He nodded. "My pleasure. It has been ages since I saw my sister-in-law. How is she?"

"The last time I crossed paths with her, she was well." Faith smirked.

"Do not reveal this to her, but I think I fancy my sister-in-law," Wade pronounced in a solemn tone .

Faith bit her lip to subside a giggle. "Oh my! Is this a love triangle in the Jayden family?"

He sighed dramatically and the movement caused his right earring to gleam. "This is how we Jayden men are." He simpered only to have Faith move her head from side-to-side.

Wade ordered their lunch then leaned back on his chair to peer at Faith with inscrutable eyes. To evade his gaze the girl craned her neck to look around the restaurant and her eyes landed on the ladies by the corner. She hoisted an eyebrow when they kept glancing towards Wade Jayden and whispered things.