Assassin's Bride Chp7

๑۞๑We work in the dark, to serve the light, we are Assassins ๑۞๑

Venice, Italy

The night sky glistered as thundering, colorful and bright fireworks whizzed up in the air, putting a smile on the face of thousands of spectators for a while, and then again they resumed their activities. Torches blazed and bonfires burned everywhere. Strings of uncountable paper lanterns hung over the crowd illuminating the night further more. Loud music blared causing the crowd to shout over the noise, the sound of thousands of people moving around created a rhythm which was magical.

Beautiful women dressed in their best, sipping on their wine and chattering loudly, while flirting openly with a role of their shiny hair around their fingers, and the young men who clowned around, doing their best to grab their attention. Happiness had spread like a cloak over people, ignorant of the men standing alone in shadows, unaware of the crime that will take place. Unconscious of death lurking just beyond the cloud of their happiness!

Standing in the shadows, the men watched the carnival silently, as though they did not exist, like they were merely part of the shadows. Little did the children who were being wheeled around the carnival dressed in costumes or the cloaked masked figures, knew what their intentions were. Blood was to be spilled and it shall, for justice, for revenge.

"When will they attack?" Alexander asked in a hushed voice, leaning casually on a broken wall of Venice.

"Soon," replied Cloud, looking in the crowd for signs.

"How did she do this?" Alexander questioned, listening to the singers who entertained people with their songs and the music that vibrated from their guitars.

Cloud glanced at him and smiled although Alexander did not see it, as his face was hidden behind a black mask and his cloak. "She lures her prey, disguising herself like a lady and kills like a perilous animal, but this time she is in danger and needs my help." Cloud said, as casually as if Alexander had asked him about the next day's weather.

"Are these orders from above?" Alexander asked, now looking at him.

Cloud shook his head, smiling as he did so, for him there was no above, he did not work for any man; he was a one man army. "No, these are my orders," Alexander gave a nod.

The streets of Venice were full of people in masks; the noise was so loud it rang in Cloud's brain. This was not his scene; he did not like noise, people, and light. He preferred to kill in darkness, but she had chosen this place that is why he had no other option but to remain calm and observe every moment.

"Keep an eye on the ground, I am going up," Cloud ordered, vanishing from Alexander's sight. He climbed the high wall on which Alexander was leaning with the help of pipes and stopped. Seeing the crowd from above was much exciting, here he felt as if he could see anything, every movement was clear to him. Cloud stepped back, hiding again in shadows.

And then he spotted the woman he was here for. Glancing down he saw Alexander was standing straight and knew Alexander had seen her the moment he had, that moment his companion looked up gave him a nod to carry on. Cloud directed his gaze on her once again, one of the most intriguing creatures he had ever stumbled upon. He examined her features carefully, she had changed.

She was graced with a pale skin so beautiful, men stopped flirting with their women and gawked at her, her pale skin stood out the most among the crowd, though not too pale by any means. She had a figure that was sure to be envied. Her raven black hair were pulled, leaving only few curls to tease her skin, it gave her an alluring appearance of an angel, if only they knew what she really was.