Assassin's Bride Chp22

@All rights Reserved

Hope you all enjoy this chapter. Picture of Lord Jayden with his son Cloud on the side.

___________________________________________________________

~*There are very few monsters who warrant the fear we have of them.~*

Klaus turned his head to see Jayden stand by the door, his eyes went wide and instantly he sprung to his feet, crossed the room and bowed. "My lord!" His voice trembled both from fright and exhilaration. "My lord." He repeated, then took hold of Jayden's hand and kissed the knuckles in respect. "It is indeed a privilege to meet you." Klaus finished and stood straight.

"I cannot say the same for you, poison master." Jayden taunted and marched passed Klaus into the room. He scanned his son's bloodless face then clenched his jaw, unaware how pale Klaus had gone at his remark at this Wade smirked, triumphant.

"Will your antidote succeed, Klaus?" Demanded Jayden again, but not looking at Klaus, he walked further to stand alongside his wife.

"Y-yes my lord it will but..." Klaus paused.

"But what?" Wade investigated, distraught.

"The effect of the poison will be in his system for a few good days. These herbs in this poison are lethal which is why its effects on his body are very high." Klaus declaimed, repentant and ashamed.

Jayden stared at him. "Have you ever thought of terminating this ridiculous job and the killing of your own kind?" Jayden quizzed, and averted his gaze from the man who quivered like a leaf, to his son who lay unconscious on his bed. By God, if anything happened to Cloud, he will kill; he will kill after twenty years of hushed yet deadly slumber.

Klaus hesitated aware how every man observed him; they watched his nerves melt in the presence of lord Jayden. "Yes my lord, few times."

"And you still pursue it, rather pitiful." Jayden mocked in a flat tone that sent cold shivers swim down Klaus's spine, despite of the hot weather "Let Cloud rest. Wade stay here and watch over your brother see if he requires something," Jayden commanded then rotated to Klaus, who bowed his head. "You, poison master, will stay here to make sure your antidote works." Jayden beckoned for Rory to escort his mother downstairs and watched as others left.

He stalked up to the man that was the evil root behind his son's misery. "My mercy has limits," Jayden whispered when he stood next to Klaus. "If my son is not free from your poison within a week, then you are aware of your fate." Klaus swallowed the lump in his throat at Jayden's words, kept his head bowed until everyone departed from the chamber.

That was when Wade chuckled at him. "What?" Klaus growled.

"Ironic isn't it? Death has befriended satan." Wade stated.

"What is that supposed to mean, Wolfic?" Klaus questioned, vexed.

Wade grinned. "How Cloud came across you, tied a rope around your neck like a dog, is truly beyond me, Klaus." He explained and watched as Klaus's eyes narrowed at him then Klaus turned on his heel and strode out of the room.

Wade stared at Cloud, brows knit in agitation. He knew the approach of Cloud's massive greed. All this was done mainly to possess Faith. He was well aware of Cloud's obsessiveness over the thought of dominating the assassin world and for that Cloud could do anything. Wade sighed as the memories flashed back. Cloud was never meant to be the one who seized the lineage, it was always Rory, but after the car accident that had damaged Rory in an incredible yet disastrous way it was Cloud who had stepped forward.