Assassin's Bride Chp15

Check out the banner on the side.

_______________________________________

~*Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will ~*

*Cloud*

I slammed the car door shut and inhaled in the warm and humid weather. Then glanced over my shoulder, behind my car lined on the street in front of the club were many exotic cars, which proved tonight many dealers were here to set their deal.

A scowl became visible on my face when my eyes fell upon the crowd in front of the club. Then I looked up at the name, 'Assassin's cage' at this a smile crept on my lips. Alexander picked this taboo name for his nightclub over two years ago. Many petrified franchisers backed away from fear. However their agitation was proven to be ancient history once the club's name hit the news among dealers, like a swift gale.

Since then every night the club was brimful. Dealers desired to fix their deals in Assassin's cage. They designated leaders among themselves to perform their sinful duties. This was the location where many of my targets made their appearance, which made it plain sailing to annihilate them.

With a shake of my head I made my way through the enthusiastic and gluttonous crowd without any inconvenience. The bouncers on either side of the door were taller than my own height, bulkier than men around them. They stood to inspect clubbers and validate ID cards. Anthony, one of the bouncers dressed in a black tux looked up when I approached.

"Cloud," Anthony beamed, letting go of whatever he was doing which gifted me a glare from the group of boys in the line. He shook my hand and gave my back a pat with his left hand.

"How's it going? Long line tonight," I chance a glance at the crowd.

"It's Sunday they keep coming up," Anthony chuckled and added. "I'll let the boss know you are here, now get inside," he twisted his body on the side for me to pass.

I cringed against the blaring speakers that shook the walls. Walking down the stairs I felt them bounce beneath my feet along with the booming music. Vibrant glowing neon lights flashed around in frenzy and sweaty bodies danced away to the night.

I halted on the last stair for a moment then changed direction to left and kept walking, barely an inch away from the bodies. Like Anthony mentioned the club was full, it was hard to breathe in here. I locked my jutsu not at all keen to hear thundering, passionate heartbeats. Stairs to the top floor came in view and I mounted the steps two at a time.

This floor was impermissible and Alexander made sure the clubbers realized that. Rich smell of Cigar Aficionado's hit my nostrils and the smoke fogged the floor. To my left was a group of men slouched against leather couches, with drinks and women to entertain them. Brushing them off, I tread ahead and reached the room at the end of the floor. The door slid open and I stepped in, in Alexander's office.

There was no sign of him. I exhaled and looked around the room, it had dark interior. I stopped in the balcony of his office, which was made of glass. Then bent down and pushed my arms against the cool rail and observed the floor downstairs. It was like an open book from here.

I smirked at them. Alexander assigned bouncers like Anthony to keep drunken fellows in their place. Although he did not require bouncers to beware for his club, but I knew he came here to relax, to get away from his dark, depraved life.

"I heard you are getting married," said a familiar voice.

I chuckled and pulled up from my hunched position to face Alexander. "You heard right," I confirmed. A wolfish grin spread on his lips and he came forward to give me a quick half hug.