Assassin's Bride Chp3

Pic of the mysterious guy on the side.

______________________________________________________

♥ "The night walked down the sky with moon in her hand."♥

My eyes traveled on their own all over the beautiful gardens and the huge house. It would be better if I say a mansion which towered over our small car giving me the feeling of how an ant feels before a human foot squashes it! My eyes widened slightly at the cars that were parked in the circle Drive in a row. I knew a bit about cars and seeing these I knew these people were very rich indeed. 

Stepping out of our car I saw a lady, wearing a grey skirt, with blonde hair and blue eye, eyes that watched me with a smile on her lips. Next to her stood a man in his late forties, his eyes were what caught my attention, so dark you could get lost in their secrets. I also took note of his hand around the lady's waist.

"Welcome Mr and Mrs, Baron," the women welcomed us then turned to look at me, "And of course the lovely Faith," I passed her a small smile in return. I guess I'll be doing that a lot today.

I never stare, it is rude to stare but believe me I couldn't help it. As we entered the lobby, I was dumbstruck. The grand stairs in the middle of the lobby fell like a waterfall on the floor. Everything defined perfection; someone in this family has a great taste in choosing the decorations for their house. It's either Mrs. Jayden or perhaps Mr. Jayden. As we kept walking through a hall the house gave me a feeling of being in a presence of royalty. I watched the walls and surroundings from the corner of my eyes as we slowly walked toward...I really don't know where! The sound of my heels on the classic ceramics tiles clicked in my ears and made me frown, these ancient tiles can be decades old, may be older than me and they were extremely beautiful. 

We were served tea in a Victorian teapot and cups, once we settled down in the large drawing room. There were portraits on the walls, if only I had the permission to see who those people were! Mom chatted with her friend; all I did was to listen with a smile playing on my lips. Then the door of the big drawing room opened and walked in a couple of people.

We stood to meet them, the man who reached to shake my hand was very terrifying in looks but handsome all the same. He was huge, very tall and broad. His long black hair resembled Mr. Jayden's, and the man had green eyes that curtained many stories. The scar on his left eyebrow gave him yet another look of a dangerous person. There was a woman next to him, she was tall, almost reached the man's shoulders, her dark blue eyes made her look even more beautiful.

"Hello," she said when she made to shake my hand.

"I'm Tybalt the elder son of this family and this is my wife Alina," the dangerous looking guy stole my attention to him once again. I was only able to nod and kept staring at his weird broadness as he met my parents.

"He has that effect on people," spoke a feminine voice near me.

I turned my head to come face to face with another couple and my cheeks reddened at being caught staring at the man. And dear Lord what is with this family and unique looks?

"I am Rory and my lovely wife, Mia," Introduced the man in front of me. He had short hair, blue green eyes, they were very serious ones. He wasn't as tall as Tybalt but was muscular. His wife on the other hand was short and pretty.

Mia engulfed me in a gentle, welcoming embrace from nowhere. "Nice to meet you," I uttered awkwardly, Mia pulled back at once and I knew she knew I was uncomfortable.

"Pleasure is all mine," her reply was refreshing, almost like she was really glad to see me. She took a seat next to her husband who sat across from my chair.