Assassin's Bride Chp35

Heys Guys! I hope you guys like this chapter.

—————————

~*You are the thread that knots my heart*~ QueenofDarkness

Cloud gently placed Faith's body on her bed and retreated his hands. However, she sat straight and placed her bare feet on the floor. The assassin knelt before the girl and stared at her with his hands pressed on the mattress on either side of her legs. Faith did not meet his gaze, her hands lay entwined in her lap and hair curtained her face. It was the first time Cloud took note of every inch of her face, every line of her creamy skin, her glossy hair that cascaded down her shoulders like a waterfall, her lashes that almost brushed her skin when she blinked.

Cloud reached forward to push her locks behind her left ear and rubbed his thumb under her ear. He watched as she shivered and a tear trickled down her eye. Cloud cupped Faith's face in hands and wiped the tear with his finger. "Don't weep." He murmured, craving she would look up at him. Silence unfurled it's wings in the dark room, and the curtains swayed as a gentle breeze danced around the room.

"Do you think that a being like me deserves your tears?" Here Faith looked at him. Cloud swallowed at the agony that blazed in her sinless eyes. Why did his fate allowed an ingenuous girl like her to pair with someone like him, a ferocious devil?

"Saya said no one deserved my tears." Faith sniffed.

"For once in her life she is correct." He vocalized, then collected her hair and pushed it over her right shoulder.

"I do not like this." She heaved a groan.

"I know." Cloud knew she meant both the obstacles in their life and the vile sensation of the alcohol. "Faith, do you trust me like you said you do?" the assassin inquired in a serene voice.

She gave a nod, lost in his enthralling eyes. "It is an oath that everything will be back to normal. You need to have faith in me." Cloud placed his hand on her cheek and Faith leaned in his touch and closed her eyes.

Promptly, she opened her eyes and frowned. "I_I feel much better now. I mean back at the beach and five minutes ago the alcohol was too vigorous for me to think clearly. But, I feel fine now." Cloud tilted his head at her rambling and gave a small smile.

Faith gasped and he nodded.

"You_How did you do this?" She interrogated, aware that the alcohol still existed in her system.

"You desire to know?" Cloud inquired and watched as she attempted to open her heavy eyes.

"No." Faith shook her head violently, in doing so strands of her hair brushed her cheek.

"You should rest." Cloud made to stand up, but halted when her cold fingers encased around his wrist.

"Don't go," she lifted her head to gaze at him, demoralized. "Do not desert me and go to her." Cloud frowned at her words.

"Faith I..." the fiance stopped when a sob racked her body. "Shh, I am here. I will not abandon you." He then leaned down, inched closer and placed his warm lips on her forehead.

"You pledged the same before. Y_you don't know what you do to me." Faith eclipsed her face with her palms. "It's like, it's like you are the thread that knots my ribs," she unveiled her face to look at the imp, the monster she was unconditionally in love with. "Whenever you abondon me, the thread perishes and I bleed internally, Cloud. It's so, so hard." She hiccuped as her bottom lip wobbled.