Chapter 14- Making Mends

Rileys POV

"Hey Shane." I said, hugging my brother. He gave me a tight squeeze before letting go. I sat down at the table, looking over at Victoria. "Hey Riley." She gave me a light smile. "Hi Victoria." The first five minutes, all of us just kind of looked around, waiting for someone to talk.

"Guys I'm sorry. I am so sorry." Shane looked at his wife. "Why did you do it?" Victoria shrugged and shook her head. "I don't know. It kills me now, thinking about it. I don't know why I didn't it. And Riley, I'm sorry." I stopped her there. "Enough with the sorry. We know you are sorry." She nodded. "We just want to understand why you did what you did."

"I don't even understand why I did it. Maybe for attention. I don't know. I just-" She paused as tears filled her eyes. "I just need you guys in my life. I miss coming home to you Shane, I miss cuddling and kissing. Riley, I miss you to. I miss my best friend." I gave her a light smile.

"I can forgive you Tori." Shane looked over at me. "I love you and all sis but, can I have a minute with Tori?" I nodded. "Yeah." I gave them both a smile before walking outside. I checked my phone and saw I had a text from Colton.

Hey princess. Since you were out and about, I went down to the recording studio with Scott, to keep him satisfied. I will see you soon. I love you. Xx

-Colton

I sighed. Can't he just take a break? I quickly texted him back.

Alright...I love you.

-Princess xx

I clicked the lock button and turned around, looking through the restaurant window to see Shane and Victoria with their lips againdt one anothers. I smiled and headed to my rental car.

***

When I got to the hotel, I kicked off my black flats and sat on the edge of the bed. Colton walked in about five minutes after me.

"Hey princess." I looked up at him and gave him a faint smile. "Hi." He leaned down and kissed my forehead. "How was lunch?" He asked as he set all of his stuff down. "Mends were made, and Shane is back with her." He nodded his head. "Good." He walked over to me and kneeled in front of me. "You're mad." I was looking down at my lap. He tilted my chin up so I was looking at him.

"I know you're mad, but baby. Guess what?" I stared at him waiting for him to continue. "I finished all the tour dates, and I finished the last song on my album. I talked it out with Scott and he is giving me the next two months off. Except for a few interviews that you can come to with me."

I would get to spend time with Colton, for two months. No work, no being alone. I broke out into a big smile and threw my arms around his neck. He chuckled before picking me up and laying us down on the bed. He attacked my lips with his own.
"Riley, I need you, as much as you need me right now."

***

I slipped on my under wear and Coltons shirt. He gave me a smile as I climbed back into bed. "Why did you put your clothes back on?" He asked. I shrugged. "I need to go take a shower and if I would've left my clothes off, I wouldn't have a chance to shower." He smirked.

"You're not showering right now." I stuck out my tongue. His hands tightened around my waist. "Maybe if you would let me go, I could go shower." He left a lingering kiss on my lips. "Let you go? Never." I ran my hand along side the side of his face. "Let me shower, you don't have to let me go." He kissed my lips again. "Wasn't planning on it babe."

He is so gushy and cuddly after we do it. I love it. "I'm going to go shower now."

Coltons POV  

I watched Riley walk away, closing the door behind her. I smiled to myself before grabbing my phone.

I have been out and about so much lately because, yes I have been working but I have also been setting up Rileys birthday surprise. Her birthday is in three days and I was setting up the surprise with people back home in California.

All I can say, is that I think this will be the best present I have ever given her.
I grabbed some sweats and slipped them on. I walked in the bathroom and saw Riley getting out. "You shower quick." She smiled. "I shaved and washed my hair yesterday, just needed to wash my body today." I walked over to her and pecked her lips. "I could've done that for you." She rolled her eyes. "I'm perfectly capable of washing myself." I chuckled before grabbing my tooth brush. I looked over at her while layering toothpaste on my toothbrush.

"Our flight is at six-fifteen tomorrow morning." She frowned. "Ew. That means I have to wake up early." I looked at her and began brushing my teeth. "Bwye duh way, I whent out inbitatuons, to our webbing." Riley looked at me like I was crazy. "What the hell did you just say?" She asked with a faint smile.

I spit in the sink. "By the way, I sent out invatations to our wedding." Her small smile slowly turned into a big one. "So the date is what? August twenty-sixth." I nodded. "Then you will be Mrs. Black." She kissed my cheek before walking into the room to get dressed. I rinised out my mouth and followed her.

She was standing there in her bra and some purple fuzzy shorts. I walked up behind her, placing a light kiss on her neck. "All your bridesmaids are coming down here on the tenth of August." She slipped a shirt over her head and turned around, facing me. "Well that's good." She looked relaxed.
"Everything is coming together finally." She whispered. I tilted her head up so she was looking at me. "Maybe we finally get good karma." She nodded, pecking my lips. "I hope so." She closed her eyes for a second. "What's wrong?" I asked her gently.

"I wish we could have kids." her eyes became glassy. "Princess, I know. I wish we could have kids to. I didn't want them at the time when we thought we could, but now that we can't, it just makes me want them more."

"Well I had my period a couple of days after I took the test. And then we uh did it some more. I know the doctor said I can't have kids, there is still a chance, right?" She explained. "I have been feeling sick lately, nauseous mostly." I shook my head. "Riley, if you're suggesting you take another test, I don't think you should. It's not healthy to keep being hurt over these tests."

"Colton, please. Just one more. Maybe it's just in my head." I sighed. "If it's what you want then, yeah." She ran over to her bag and grabbed some boxes and ran into the bathroom. I shook my head. There is a part of me that is hoping she is pregnant but he doctor said she can't have kids.

Fifteen minutes later, she was still in the bathroom. I knocked on the door before opening it. I couldn't belive what I saw. She was sitting there, on the floor, pregnancy tests scattered around her with her head in her hands, and her knees to her chest.

Along with tears streaming down her face.