Part 17- Second Chances

The bell rang, and I hurried out of my seat. I was just about to leave, when Tyler caught my wrist with his iron grip. He looked at me with pleading eyes. I almost fell for it, but I know better. Once they've screwed up, don't go back. It only makes you vulnerable. But wouldn't that make me vulnerable to Aiden? Ugh, whatever.

"Carson, I've changed. Please get back with me. I've taken classes to help with my anger. I'm even seeing a therapist. Please?"

I leveled him a fierce glare, but something inside of me cracked. I sighed, thinking about how happy we were together, before he started hitting me. I gave in. "Okay, fine. But... you won't hit me. Or I'll send you to jail... for good this time."

"I'll treat you like you're a princess," Tyler promised.

The bell rang. Thank gosh Mrs. Chen is cool. "Oh crap, we're going to be late for biology," Tyler said.

"We?" I raised a brow.

"Yeah. I'm in all of your classes. Funny, isn't it?"

I chuckled half-heartedly. "Yeah, very." We hurried on to biology.

By the end of the day, I realized how much I missed Tyler. I guess some people really do deserve second chances, after all. We were hanging out in my dorm when Aiden walked in. He looked from me to Tyler, and back.

"Hey, Carson. Who's this?" Aiden gaze flicked over to Tyler with the slightest hint of disapproval.

"This is my boyfriend, Tyler." I began. "Tyler, this is my roommate, Aiden. Can you please excuse us for one moment?" I got up, and pulled Aiden out of the dorm, gently pulling the door closed behind me. "What the hell was that?" I whisper-yelled. I didn't want Tyler to overhear us.

"What?" Aiden asked nonchalantly.

"What do you have against Tyler? You don't even know him!"

"Who is this Tyler anyway? You can't just go around dating random strangers."

"Why would you care? And he's not a stranger. He's an ex," I stated matter-of-factly.

"An ex-boyfriend?"

"You got a problem?" I folded my arms.

"If it didn't work out the first time, what makes you think it'll work out now?" Aiden practically shouted.

"He's changed..." I mumbled.

"Changed what?" Aiden asked. I didn't reply. "He's changed what?"

"He used to hit me! Okay? But he says he's getting help." I looked away, and twirled a lock of my hair.

"Yeah, he says," Aiden mumbled.

"Aiden, I don't have time for this." I ran a frustrated hand through my hair.

"Answer one question. Why did you get back with him?" Aiden whispered.

"I missed him."

"Do you love him?"

"I thought you said one question," I retorted.

"Do you love him?"

"I-I'm not sure..." I looked into Aiden's eyes. "Aiden, why do you care so much?"

Aiden grabbed me by the shoulders and pulled me in close to him. My nose touched his. His eyes never left mine, and all thoughts of Tyler were cleared from my mind. "Carson, how do you not see it?"

I furrowed a brow. "See what?"

"I'm... I'm in love with you," Aiden whispered. "I have been since I first saw you. Sounds corny, I know. But it's true."

After a long while, I opened my mouth to talk. "Aiden, I-"

"Shut up and let me kiss you," Aiden breathed, before pressing his lips into mine. Against my will, I wrapped my arms around his neck, as he wrapped his arms around my slim waist.