Part 20- A Happy Ending

"Why didn't I think of that?" Aiden wondered aloud.

I chucked at his joke attempt. "Because you don't know his weaknesses like I do," I said as I walked over to the phone.

"911. What's your emergency?"

"Police. There's been an attempted murder."

"We'll be right there." The phone clicked on the other end. Stupid policewoman. Weren't they supposed to stay on the phone with you to make sure you were all right? I rolled my eyes into the back of my head. Not literally, of course.

-----------------------

Red and blue lights were flashing everywhere. The police were her to take Tyler into custody. I had been through all of this already. The familiarity of it all was eating me alive. They took Aiden and I into questioning and then our wounds were tended to.

Fast Forward- 3 months later

It's now May 15. One month until school finishes. Tyler is in jail once again. And my wounds have healed. So have Aiden's. I flopped onto my bed, and sighed. I worried way too much. First, it was Mr. Rue. Then it was Tyler, oh and David. How could I forget? Now, it's Aiden. After my confession, we haven't really had any time to talk. As he entered the room, I purposely let out another dramatic sigh.

"Yes?" Aiden asked, while dropping his bag on the floor.

I sat up. "So... What happens now?" I questioned.

"What do you mean?"

I rolled my eyes. "You know what I mean."

"Erm. Actually, I don't..."

"What happens to 'us?'"

Aiden blinked. "Oh yeah! What do you think?"

I blushed. "I dunno..."

"I can give you a hint..."

In one swift movement, I was on my feet. Aiden's lips collected with mine for a brief moment. I opened my eyes.

"Was that enough of a hint?" Aiden whispered seductively.

I bit my lip. "I think I'm going to need a bigger hint."

"Very well, then," Aiden chuckled.

Aiden pushed me on the bed, and you know the rest... Unless you're thinking about "that." I'm not that kind of girl.

I know it's so cliche, but that's it. I'm the scene girl. And he's the perverted player. How it worked out? I don't know. But there's one thing I'm positive of: I, Carson Peters, am in love with Aiden Krushnane. Maybe one day, I'll become Mrs. Krushnane.

Fast Forward- 15 years later

"Alex! Stop running around the house!" I screamed. Alex was my five year old son.

"Shut the fuck up, bitch!"

"Alex! Do not use that language in here!" I screamed, grabbing his arm.

"Let me down! Motherfucker!" Alex spat.

Aiden stepped into the room. "Alex, respect your mother," he warned.

"Yes, Daddy."

I let go of Alex, and chuckled as he ran away. "How come he only listens to you?"

"He's just like you. Curses like a sailor, and only listens to me. I'm just Mr. Awesome." Aiden leaned in and kissed me.

"Ew! Gross!" Alex exclaimed.

"Yeah. Get a fucking room!" Macy, our seven year old daughter, commanded.

We broke apart, and cuddled in each other's arms.