Part 10- Confessions

Tears streaked my face and I whimpered through the gag. I saw Mr. Rue pluck something shiny from a shelf behind me. It was a knife, I was sure of it. I could even see my reflection in it.  Mr. Rue looked at me, an evil glint in his eyes. I tried to scream, but it just turned out muffled. Time seemed to stop as he plunged the knife into the depths of my stomach. Gag or not, I let out a blood-curdling scream that could be heard through the gag. The knife went in and out of my stomach repeatedly. Then, the knife hovered several inches above my heart. Mr. Rue brought it down... and I woke up.

I still felt wet, sticky blood around me. Plus my stomach really did hurt, and my nightgown was on the floor. Great, I got my period in my sleep, have terrible cramps, and I somehow took off my clothes while asleep. I sighed, put on a pad, a change of clothes, and changed my sheets. I changed in a green sweater with blue and white diamond shapes on it, dark blue jeans, and brown Uggs. It was then, I noticed Aiden wasn't there. But I shrugged it off, and marched over to Ruthford, and into Mr. Rue's room. He was hunched over his desk, grading papers. He looked up, and smiled warmly when he saw it was me. "Why, hello Carson. What can I do you for, today?" He got up from his crowded desk to greet me. And I jumped back.

"Please, don't touch me. If you do... I'll... go to Headmaster Crow," I threatened.

Confusion washed over Mr. Rue's face. Then, just as quick as it had come, it left. But it was replaced by anger and threat. He chuckled to himself. Now, it was my turn to tilt my head in confusion. "I've seen your permanent record. You're one dirty little badass. You poisoned your teacher... cheated on many exams, and seduced a teacher-"

"Stop! I came here to get rid of my past! To do right this time! And no! He seduced me! I thought he was a student.And even so, I wasn't gonna let him try anything. Don't go and talk about shit you don't understand!" I yelled furiously.

Mr. Rue simply smirked. "Either way, who's gonna take you seriously with the rep you've got going on? he questioned.

"Headmaster Crow will. My friends will. The police will believe me." I silently cursed myself for allowing my voice to shake.

"And if you don't get a chance to talk to them?" Mr. Rue stepped closer to me, and my breath caught.

"Take one step, I'll-"

"You'll what?" Mr. Rue challenged.

In one swift movement, I was slammed onto a desk, struggling against Mr. Rue's natural strength. His hands closed tightly around my throat; I clawed at his arms, but it was no use. I was as good as dead. Dots started clouding my vision, as I was slowly slipping into the faze of unconciousness [sp?].

"What are you doing to her?" I heard a familiar voice call out. I was too weak to place a name to it though. My arms hung nimbly off the edge of the desk. Mr. Rue was pushed off of me.

"Are you okay?" the voice asked. I remember taking in one last desperate breath, and blacking out.

"Carson? Carson! Wake up!" I heard a voice call out. I looked around for the source, but all I saw was white.

"Carson, p-p-please. We need you," the voice pleaded again.

Slowly, I willed my eyes to open. It took a lot of effort, but I finally managed to open them. I looked into the worried brown eyes of Aiden.

"Aiden?" I whispered weakly. My lungs still hurt a bit.

"Why was Mr. Rue strangling you?" Aiden asked.

A few tears escaped my eyes, but my throat was too soar to speak. As if reading my mind, Aiden left the room, and came back with a water bottle. I uttered a brief thank-you, before downing half the bottle in ten seconds.

The cold water sliced down my dry throat. "Now you can talk. Tell me what happened."

"Or what?" I croaked.

Aiden shook his head, and got up. "I guess I'll just have to get the bucket of cold water..."

My eyes widened. He had me there. "I was raped!" I blurted. My mouth formed an 'O' as I realized what I just said.

Aiden's face turned red with anger; I could even see his hands trembling. "You were what?"

"I was assaulted. I dreamed that I was raped by Mr. Rue," I explained quietly. Just so you know, we were back in the dorm. Aiden was confused. I could see it in his eyes, so I explained everything slowly. Aiden's face twisted in horror.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" he whispered.

"I was uncomfortable..." I mumbled.

There was an awkward silence, that was broken by me hugging Aiden. He gasped, and I couldn't help but mentally gasp too. I acted on impulse, I guess this was what my heart wanted me to do. Was I falling for Aiden?