Part 16- An Old "Friend"

Unknown POV:

Looks like my plan worked. And better yet, she suspects Connie. Soon, we shall be one again. Tomorrow, I'll give her a surprise. Yeah, a surprise. That should make up for the years I've been gone.

Carson's POV:

The next day, I wore grey skinny jeans, a white All Time Low tee, and black Converses. I pulled on my coat, grabbed my bag, and headed to class with Aiden. "Hey, do you feel like you're being watched?" I questioned.

Aiden shook his head. "Nah..."

We parted ways, and I headed off to first period history with Mr. Thomas. I found roses on my desk. I picked them up, and sniffed them. What the hell? Fresh roses? What kind of fairy tale is this?! I punched David in the arm. "Did you give me roses?" I asked.

"I didn't give you roses."

"Then who did?" I wondered aloud. I sent a quick text to Aiden and Ryan, asking if they sent me roses. Halfway through class, they replied saying no. Then who the hell sent me flowers?

It is now January 28. For the last two months, I've been getting letters, flowers, and gifts. I'm not going to complain or anything, but this was starting to creep me out. Even when I went home to Texas for winter break, I received anonymous gifts. Who was doing this? And how did they know where I was?

Today was the same as every other day. David and I had grown closer, if that was even possible. But as I was walking down to Rutheford by myself, I could have sworn someone was following me. When I turned around, no one was there.

Fast Forward- Valentine's Day

Unknown POV:

Carson really seems to like all of the attention I'm giving her. Today, she's going to jump out of her seat when she sees me today.

Carson's POV:

I just "broke up" with David, because Connie asked him out. He gladly accepted without missing a beat. They decided to celebrate by skipping the school day, so now I sat in history class alone.

"Good morning, class. We have a new student today..." Mr Thomas announced boredly.

At that moment, a guy with black hair, dark green eyes, and a tan complexion. He was really built, and also wore a black hoodie, dark jeans, and some sneakers. He looked me dead in the eye and I froze. He casually brushed his bangs from his eyes, which didn't leave me for a second.

"Class, this is Tyler Brushwink."

Tyler took the seat next to me. "Hey, Carson. It's been a long time since we've seen each other. I've missed you. I've missed us.

"Tyler, there never was 'us.' I thought I got rid of you when I locked you up," I hissed, staring straight ahead.

"Now, now, Carson. You can't get rid of those you love," Tyler replied calmly.

"You love me? You have a funny way of showing it," I let out a spiteful laugh.

"Sure, I made some mistakes, but-"

"There are no buts, Tyler. My mistake was ever dating you. You've bruised me, emotionally and physically."

Tyler took the hint, and focused on what Mr. Tomas was writing on the board. My muscles relaxed a little. But I still watched my abusive ex-boyfriend from the corner of my eye.