Part 19- Anger Management

"What made you realize that you love me?"

"I guess... being away from you..." I blushed.

Aiden looked at me, for the first time in what felt like forever. "Break up with Tyler."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

Terrible memories flashed into my mind. The yelling. The pain. The bright, flashing lights. The police. The fear. I gulped. "Okay, I'll do it."

The door swung open, and Tyler stepped into the room. "Do what?"

"Hey, Tyler... I don't think this is working out," I said hesitantly.

Tyler's POV:

I stopped by Carson's dorm to see if she was alright. She practically flew from Rutheford to Presley when the bell rang. I heard her angelic voice from outside the door.

"Okay, I'll do it."

She sounded uneasy. I hope Aiden wasn't forcing her to do anything... "Do what?" I asked, stepping into the room.

"Hey, Tyler... I don't think this is working out."

The world stopped as I processed her words. Carson was breaking up with me. Why? I've been good to her. Then, it hit me dead in the chest. Aiden. She was breaking up with me for that slumbag! Screw therapy! Screw the anger management classes! This just unleashed a different side of me. A darker side.

Carson's POV:

Oh no. I knew this was a bad idea. I could see the hurt and anger flash in his eyes. "You're dumping me for him?" Tyler pointed an accusing finger at Aiden. There was no use denying it if he already knew. I nodded.

Tyler lunged at Aiden, and punched him in the jaw. Aiden fell to the floor, out of shock. Tyler pounced on him; kicking and punching with all his might. "Tyler! Stop!" I ran, and dragged Tyler off of Aiden. Aiden laid on the floor, a crumpled mess. If Tyler hadn't gotten him by surprise, then I'm sure Aiden would've kicked Tyler's ass.

Back to reality. Tyler looked at me for what felt like a lifetime. My heart beat erratically in my chest, and time stopped. I closed my eyes, and braced myself for what was about to happen. Tyler's open hand flew and connected with my cheekbone. Pain stung my face, but I did not cry out. I just winced and held my cheek. Tyler got up, and now loomed over me. He pushed me, and I flew back and hit the edge of my bed.

Ouch! Now this time, I cried out. Tyler practically attacked me when I found the strength to stand up. Tyler pushed me down, and kicked me over. And over. And over. I cried out each time, but that made him kick harder. By the time Aiden got on his feet, I was spitting out blood.

"Leave her alone, man. She didn't do anything," he said softly. I could tell that he was hurt, but I felt warm inside knowing that he was trying to hide it. For me.

"She broke my heart!" Tyler roared, stalking towards Aiden.

I stood up. Enough being vulnerable. I need to stand up for myself. Letting out a battle cry, I ran and jumped on Tyler's back. I clawed at his eyes, and beat his head like bongo drums. He let out another roar, and flipped me off of his back. Once again, I found myself slumped against the wall. While Tyler was preoccupied on Aiden, I ran towards him. A vase held high above my head. I brought it down on him as hard as I could. All of the struggling stopped, and Tyler fell on the floor with a thump.