Chapter 12

I’m really sorry but this jumps around a bit! Several events are happening but aren’t very long

Lila’s POV

I sat on a cobblestone corner in one of the backstreets on London ignoring the tears slipping down my porcelain cheeks. My chest was empty, all my emotion had been drained away in my tears. Cupid wasn’t going to get away with ripping my heart from my chest.

I may have not physically known Ed for very long at all but I studied him for months, that was when I fell for him. Not when he and I met for the first time, not when he saw me, but when I got to know the real Ed. Not the persona for the cameras.

A cold, icy wind shot shivers down my spine sending a frenzy of goosebumps across my now dull wings. There was no passion left within me, and Cupid will regret his decision.

A white envelope appeared on the cold cobblestone in front of me. I picked it up to see Hannah’s neat handwriting across the front. Cautiously I opened it to find a short handwritten letter,

Lila,

I suggest you do something fast! Cupid is on a rampage trying to find you after your little escape routine.

Please don’t do anything drastic. I would never be able to live with myself if you were banished to the afterlife.

Hannah xx

I smiled at her concern but scrunched up the paper into a crumpled ball tossing it at the wall watching as it dissolved. Maybe something drastic is exactly what I needed to do. That’s when it hit me, the perfect plan.

“Michael please!” I was on my knees against the cold floor of Michael’s room desperately pleading for him to help me. He was a crucial part of my plan. He sat stubbornly refusing to look me in the eye.  

“Please Lila, just drop it.” I held back the tears, I refuse to cry in front of him again.

“Michael please. I need to do this.” He turned and looked me in the eyes searching for anything. He sighed,

“Fine but you owe me.” I grinned madly and jumped up pulling him into a death hug. I began to whisper my plan into his ear watching as his head nodded madly.

As long as I won’t get into trouble for this then yea I’m in.” I smiled and kissed his cheek,

“Please don’t tell Hannah.” He swallowed and nodded.

I stood in the empty rooftop terrace waiting for Michael to arrive. London began to light up as the sun went down, it was truly beautiful. I saw the blue minivan driving hastily though the outer streets of London heading my way. In a flash I was standing on the curb as the minivan pulled up in front of me. I placed my full quiver and bow in the back seat and climbed in slamming the door behind me. I nodded at Michael through the rear-view mirror, I was really doing to do this.

The car lurched forward and headed towards the more run down parts of London, where I knew there would be couples that aren’t meant to be. I spotted my first target, a trio.

There were 2 guys and a girl. I opened the sliding door and poised my arrow hitting the closest guy from a distance. He took a step forward and kissed the girl rather heatedly. I grinned and hit the second guy only moments later at a closer range. I watched as we passed them, the second guy pulled the first guy away and locked his lips onto hers.

I knelt on the ground of the car leaning against the door for support. Every now and then I would see an odd couple and target them branding them as ‘perfect’.

“Michael can we take a break, I need more arrows.” He nodded and pulled over on the side of a back street. I jumped out a twisted a dial on my wrist clamp. 20 or so arrows appeared on the pavement in front of me.

“Lila!” I spun around to see Payten racing towards me. I smiled,

“Hey Payten.” She glared,

“Don’t you dare hey Payten me. Do you have any idea what you’re doing?” I nodded,

“Revenge.” She rolled her eyes,

“You’re sending Cloud 9 into frenzy. Apprentices are being sent across London and paired up with dark angels to fix the messes you’ve created.” I sighed,

“Blame Cupid.” I pushed past her and jumped into the van.

“Floor it,” Michael nodded and slammed his foot against the pedal. I watched as Payten disappeared into the distance.

My arrows continued to fly in every direction hitting any target that was in range. I watched as Dark Angels and apprentices appeared to fix the damage I had created. But I couldn’t care less.

Cupid, you created a monster out of me. I had never planned on taking it this far, but you drove me to this. All I wanted was to be happy, with or without Ed but he had no right to hurt Ed the way he did.

Michael stopped out the front of a fuel station and jumped out. I followed suit taking my golden arrow, infinite use.

“Thanks Michael, please don’t follow me.” I left everything in the car, except the golden arrow. I was going to have some fun.