Epilogue

Usually at the sounds of children screaming I'd be on my feet prepared to tell them to quieten down and most likely scold them, but in this instance, it put a smile across my face.

Ed was sat beside me smiling behind his notebook and pen, scribbling down madly whatever is going through his mind. His usually pale skin looking sun kissed under the warm Malibu sun.

After the release of Ed's 3rd studio album we decided to take a well deserved holiday. Anastasia, now 4, was sitting in the sand piling empty buckets on top of each other and screeching with glee each time one fell onto to the sand. Whereas her little brother Jaxon, who was now 8 months, sat between Ed's ankles tossing sand at his big sister and managing to bury Ed's toes beneath the sand. He was giggling madly as Ed wiggled his toes every now and then to keep his son entertained.

On this occasion, the sound of screaming and loud giggling was acceptable. A smile was perched across my lips, feeling content i lay back allowing the sun to spread across every inch of my exposed skin, my one piece providing a somewhat awkward tan line. Ed sat wearing only board shorts, his torso looking much more red than i would like, but i let it slide, it would be his own fault.

It was a relief to be able to lay down and just relax without worrying about the kids disturbing Ed while he practiced or was recording.

Ed's album had been a massive hit worldwide, climbing to the top of the charts in 32 countries within 24 hours of its release. 'Division' was a very different sound to his previous records. There were many critics who weren't pleased with the difference, saying that fatherhood and married life and changed his perspective on music. That didn't change the fans perspective though, millions of fans tweeted excessive amounts of love for the record, the aspects of more 'mature' sound.

Ed was definitely well overdue for a holiday. Leaving the UK 2 weeks ago we arrived in the sunny land of America and now enjoying the beautiful sun for another 3 weeks before heading back to the UK.

"I wish the UK was this warm," Ed hummed, placing his now closed notebook on the sand beside him, his pen potentially lost under the sand forever. I huffed silently,

"If only, I'd have a decent tan then." He reached out tentatively so he didn't disturb Jaxon, pulling me against his side and pressing a kiss against my cheek earning a loud screech of 'Yuk' from Anastasia.

He chuckled, leaning close to my ear, close enough i could feel his breath blowing my hair out of place.

"I think you look amazing with that tan. Your legs look fantastic." He nipped my earlobe playfully before grabbing Jaxson's hand which happened to be full of sand and headed for his mouth.

"Oh no you don't mister, i'm sure that wouldn't taste very nice." Jaxon giggled loudly as Ed hoisted him into the air and then into his lap. Anastasia shuffled over to me, clambering onto my lap out of jealousy that her brother was getting attention and she wasn't.

"Miss Annie you're looking a little red," Ed teased poking her sun kissed forehead. She pouted,

"Not red daddy, am Anastasia silly." He gasped playfully tickling her side,

"Oh how silly of me, of course you're Anastasia." She giggled and grinned a toothy 4 year old grin. He beamed back, hoisting her up off my lap and onto his thighs where she immediantly grabbed Jaxon's hand and babbled aimlessly at him. 

Honeslty, this wasn't exactly how I had imagined my life when I was a little girl. As a kid I'd pictured that I would marry one of the other apothecary boys and have a few kids, live in a small shack on the outskirts of the town and live a simple life. Nothing like what I have now, but i couldn't trade it for anything in the world.