Chap 8 [EDITED]

Emi POV

"B-But Suzuya?" I asked wide eyed.

"I told you to go everywhere with me. I'm not letting a ghoul roam free." he said.

"But is this really necessary?" I asked and he glared, shoving me inside the bathroom and closing the door behind us.

"Don't question me." he grumbled unzipping his pants.

I turned around wide eyed and faced the wall, not wanting to look at him.

A few seconds passed before I heard the sound of trickling water and a releaved sigh coming from Suzuya. I blushed to the point where I could feel my face burning from the inside out.

When he said I had to go with him everywhere I didn't think he would include the bathroom!

I groaned as I heard the water stopping and the sound of a zipper being pulled up.

"Okay Emi-san! It's your turn!" Suzuya said while patting me in the back.

"What? No way! And don't touch me with those hands!" I shook my head and he stared at me with a blank expression.

"Better get it over with now, we have places to be." he answered and I stared confused.

"Look, I'm not peeing with you in the room Suzuya," I said annoyed with him.

"Alright, let's go then." he shrugged and pushed me out the bathroom and through the front door, yelling goodbye to Aya.

"You didn't wash your hands," I groaned.

"Never mind that," he said as he dug his hands into his pockets.

I took the time to examine him closely. His skin was a sickly pale color, making his crimson eyes stand out. His eyes, I'd noticed, tend to change color; Sometimes they're darker and sometimes they're really bright.

"Why are you staring at me?" I was snapped out of my trance by a confused Suzuya.

"Oh, I...no reason" I shrugged, hoping Suzuya didn't notice my nervousness. One thing I learned about Suzuya... The kid is very observant.

"Where are we going?" I asked after about five minutes of silence.

"To the CCG," he answered and I tensed.

"I don't think it's the best idea.." I looked at him.

"It won't take long. I'm just going to report something," he said.

"Oh..."

"Emi-san?" he asked after a while.

"Yeah?"

"Were you close friends with that ghoul from the other day?" he asked.

"Well, I guess. We've known each other since we were ten; our families were close but they kind of drifted away about a year ago. That's why I was surprised to see him," I answered thinking about Souta and his family.

"What was he like?" Suzuya asked.

"He was kind of nice, in his own way. He was fun to be around. He wasn't very strong but he was pretty smart." I answered and Suzuya nodded.

Soon we were standing in the CCG's front door.

"Suzuya, you know the building has sensors that can identify ghouls, right?" I whispered.

"Of course I know. I work there after all."

"Then I'm just going to stay here until you come back, " I grinned nervously but he immediately shook his head.