eleven // day 7

It's past eleven o'clock when I wake up, Ashton's arms still wrapped tightly around me, reminding me what happened this early morning at two wasn't a dream, it was reality.

I rub my eyes to get the sleep out of me, and release a yawn. This past week was a disaster.

"Morning sleepyhead." I grumble, nudging his shoulder.

Ashton blinks his eyes open, and yawns, before sitting up. "Zara, what am I doing in your bed at eleven o'clock on this fine day?" 

"You don't remember?"

Ashton laughs, rolling out of bed, throwing his shirt on. "I do, I was just saying. Since it looks weird and all."

"Fortunately we're the only ones who can see."

I decide I could keep my pants and just change my shirt.

"We have to go bowling today."

"I'm tired of doing something every day. What if I want to sit back and relax?" I groan, pouting.

"We have to follow the rules."

There it is again, but this time, I don't say anything about it.

*

I tie up my bowling shoes, humming quietly. 

"Can you bowl as well?"

"Actually, yes."

Ashton gasps. "Are you serious?"

I laugh. "No, I'm not, I can, but not very well. It always goes in the gutter."

"I was about to say you were a goddess if you could."

I frown. "Are you saying I'm not then?"

He rolls his eyes, grabbing a ball. "Of course you are."

I flip my hair teasingly. "I knew it." I grab my own ball, and Ashton inserts our names into the screen above us. "Can you bowl?"

"Surprisingly yes, I can. My mum and I would bowl all the time."

"I'm impressed." I beam.

He gives me a smile. "Yeah? I can bowl first, if you want?"

"Go ahead." I say, relieved.

"Oh! Zara, I forgot something in the car, in the trunk."

"I can come with you."

"No, no, I'm good. I'll just be a quick moment, yeah?" Ashton struggles to take off the bowling shoes and awkwardly slips on his converse, waddling outside.

I sit down on the bench, since I can't bowl first. 

"Zara!" Someone calls out my name, and I know immediately who it is.

I turn my head around, and Calum is there, with a girl I recognized somewhere from school. I couldn't quite remember her name. 

"Calum, hey. Who's this?" I stand up, setting the ball down on the rack.

"This is Sydney."

Sydney extends her arm for me to shake and gives me a smile. I shake her hand. Who was she anyways?

"I'm Zara." I introduce.

Sydney gives me a slight nod. 

"What are you doing here? Bowling alone?" Calum asks, confused. He looks amazing, honestly. I could practically feel his hair between my fingers, and his arms around my waist. I tried avoiding looking at his pouty lips, or I'd have trouble refraining myself from pouncing onto him.