twenty nine

[!!!!some people have said they wanted me to post my rewrite of "tea" (which is non-fanfiction, but is still based off of luke bc y not). the plot is different and about double the length, so you won't be reading the same thing as my original "tea" story. please let me know if you want me to post it and actually read it/check it out?]

"I can't believe you prefer vanilla over chocolate." Michael scoffed, as we waited for the ice cream.

I rolled my eyes. "I prefer strawberry."

"You just said you preferred vanilla over chocolate." Michael said.

I nodded. "Well if I had to choose between those two flavors. But I always order strawberry flavored ice cream. It's the best flavor, hands down."

"You're wrong. Chocolate is so much better. Chocolate is everything."

"You're going to change your mind when you taste the strawberry cheesecake cone I ordered." I smirked.

"Gross." He shuddered.

"Here you go," The lady at the counter smiled at us as she handed us our ice cream.

The two of us thanked her and sat down in a booth to enjoy.

"How's life?" Michael asked, slurping up some melting ice cream rolling down the side of his cone.

I shrugged. "I'm feeling a lot better."

"I'm really glad to hear that. I told you things would look brighter for you soon." 

I nodded slightly. "Screw everyone who made me feel like I was trash. Screw everyone that doesn't care about my happiness. Screw everyone who has moved on and pretended I don't exist anymore." I beamed triumphantly.

Michael chuckled, nodding his head. "Couldn't have said it better myself." 

*

three weeks later

"Hey everybody!" Luke called out from downstairs. "Come help me!" 

Michael and I ignored his cries for help.

"Luke can manage on his own." Michael rolled his eyes.

"You seem like you hate him lately." I commented, picking at my nails.

"I don't, I could never hate him. He's a brother to me. But brothers get really fucking annoying." 

I laughed. "I can see that, though I can't say I truly understand since I don't have any siblings."

"Understandable." Michael nodded.

"If you guys help me, we can all get paid!" Luke called out again.

I raised my eyebrow and took a glance at Michael, who was smirking. "Money?" I asked.

"Money." Michael nodded and then shoved me off the bed as I landed on the floor with a thump.

"Stop fooling around up there!" Calum groaned. 

I winced at the pain as I got up, watching Michael quickly disappear out the bedroom. 

I wouldn't lose, so I endured the pain and ran down the stairs after him.

As I reached Michael, I used all my strength to shove him to his right, causing him to slip on the hardwood floor with his socks, and then slide headfirst onto a yoga ball.

"Oh my God! Are you okay?" Calum asked, patting the yoga ball gently. 

Michael groaned. "I thought you were asking me." He muttered to Calum.