screw life

Angel’s POV

My eyes snapped open as I was violently shaken awake and I screamed at the face above me

‘Holy shit Stace!!! Don’t do that!’ I was backed up to the bed head and Stacey grinned as she moved back

‘Oh man! That was classic! I’m so going to use that again!’

I glared at her and she sobered up

‘I’m so sorry to hear what happened Angel’ Stacey looked at me sadly and my eyes pricked with tears, but I blinked them back and put up a wall between me and my feelings. I would not allow Stacey to see me cry

‘How did you find out?’

‘You texted me’

I blinked at her. I hadn’t texted anyone since I found out! I hadn’t even gone near my phone!

‘Um, no I didn’t’

‘Yeah! About an hour ago!’

‘What?! I was sleep- ohhhhh’ I frowned as I remembered handing over my phone to Max. Godamnit that sneaky bastard!

‘Yeaahhhh! Remember now?’ Stacey put on her retarded voice and I rolled my eyes

‘Ok smarty, so what are you here for then?’

‘To cheer you up’ she chirped

I raised my eyebrows at her ‘Seriously? You are going to try and cheer me up this soon after – after the event?’ My voice caught and I cursed silently, attempting to reinforce the barrier keeping back my feelings

Stacey’s face fell slightly as she processed what I had said ‘Well I’m still taking you for ice-cream at least’

I rolled my eyes at her ‘You’re an idiot, but whatever’

Max’s POV

I sighed as I walked back in the door. I had to pick up Jade in an hour when she was discharged from the hospital. I trudged up to my room and paused. I looked down at the mess I was confronted with. Glass was spread across the floor and then window frame hung, mangled and broken. I scanned the room for whoever could have done this and spied a rock, I walked over to it and found it tied to a blue bandana. My stomach lurched; blue was the colour of the Crips. My mind raced, I thought to call the cops for a moment, before remembering that a blue bandana was hardly enough evidence to arrest someone over. And it was just a bandana, hardly a death threat in disguise and certainly not anything to worry about. I grabbed and dustpan from downstairs and swept up the shards, checking carefully that I didn’t miss any before grabbing the vacuum and doing a once over of the room. I grabbed a pair of jeans and an old Ed-Hardy T-shirt. Changing out of my old stuff, I thought about my next move. I wasn’t going to let Marcus win this easily, I would stay longer. It was just a matter of being careful. Setting my mind on this, I grabbed the car keys off the bench and walked out to the car.

I grinned at my car, my pride and joy. I got it a few years ago, but in my eyes, it was still new enough. Climbing in and starting it up, I tapped in the location of the hospital to the GPS and put the car into gear, driving to my destination.

Arriving 15 minutes later, I climbed out and walked through to reception

'I'm here to pick up a Miss Jade Evers'

'Oh of course sir, she's in ward 37'

I thanked the woman and walked down the hall to the lift, sighing as I glanced back and saw her looking after me lustfully. I wish people would stop doing that; it made it hard to go unnoticed which was exactly why this whole thing started. If I hadn't had my looks, Jade would never have gone after me and I never would have been friends with Marcus. Screw life.

I sighed and punched the button for the lift a few times, becoming increasingly frustrated to how long it was taking. WHY THE FUCK ARE THESE MACHINES SO SLOW!!!!! 

Finally, after around ten minutes of waiting, the doors open and I stepped inside, annoyed. I pressed the button for level three. The lift began to move upwards, but shuddered to a stop within moments. When the doors didn't open I growled in frustration

"Fuck"

I pushed the help button with unnecessary force, waiting for someone to pick up.

‘Good morning how may I help you?’

‘Yeah, um the lift’s stopped’ I regulated my voice as much as possible, trying to keep calm

‘Ok sir. Well just hang tight while we come to get you’

This was just what I needed.

 Two hours later, I finally climbed out of the lift. I thanked the men who had helped and was directed down the stairs. I wondered briefly what I was supposed to do about Jade, especially since I was meant to get her over two hours ago, but as I walked into the waiting room, I found Jade sitting patiently, talking to an older woman with kids.

I walked over to her and the lady and interjected

'Hi, sorry but we have to go. I'm in kind of a rush'

Jade stared at me, shocked at my lack of manners but the other woman looked at me understandingly

'Oh that's no problem, I imagine you need to get that little one home' She motioned to Caleb, smiling gently

'Ok well it was nice talking to you' Jade fare-welled the woman and heaved herself up from her chair; 'I hope your daughters alright' 

We walked out and Jade grumbled at me. 'You didn't seem to be in that much of a hurry when you made me wait for two hours'

I stared at her incredulously 'you think I was purposely late?!'

'Well I know you aren't two thrilled to have me at your house'

I know I probably should have let it slide, but the tone she said it in sparked up the resentment at how much she takes advantage of things

'You know what Jade?! I was here on time this morning! I got here BEFORE you were due to be discharged but you know what happened?! I got stuck in the lift!!! I waited there for TWO HOURS! Before someone finally bothered to come get me out and you're complaining because you had to sit in a CHAIR and TALK to someone for a bit!'

I stormed ahead of her and she struggled to keep up. I didn't care anymore; I was tired of her and her little-girly hissy fits. 

'Wait, Max' she panted behind me, bouncing Caleb up and down with each foot fall 'Max please, I'm sorry!'

I turned around rigidly, tired of her stupid games

Jade looked at me pleadingly; 'Max I'm so, so sorry. I didn't know and I didn't have a great night’s sleep - you know how hospitals are! Please forgive me'

I sighed in annoyance but knew I should really forgive her; it wasn't her fault after all. I shouldn't have been so unkind about her staying

'I'm sorry too I shouldn't have been so rude'

Jade smiled at me apologetically and came to walk beside me, throwing her arm around my neck

'Don't worry about it. We all have our issues'

______________________________________________________

I'm sorry, it's short and probably has spelling mistakes. Point them out if you notice any

I hope you guys like my book, comment if you do and if you don't you should comment anyway and tell me why. 

You guys are the reason I write and I lift my standards for you, voting and commenting makes me feel better about writing so make sure to do so!

Love you all

ruby xoxo:)