Chapter 3: Doctor Timp

Lillian's POV

          Every molecule that makes up the being known as Lillian Nightshade pounds, throbs and aches, her senses and muscles burning brighter than a thousand suns. Every fiber that's woven together to create her existence stings and electrifies her to the very bone, even going to the extent of forcing her bones to twinge, spasm and suffer beneath the numerous protective layers of skin, blood and every cell in between.

          Oh .... Right.... that's me..... Dammit.

"Again."

          A livid scowl curls at my lips, the lurking blaze of hellfire flaring behind my glare. "You know," I pant, teeth gritted tightly enough to chip one another "I'm not one to turn down a challenge," I wipe my mouth, legs quaking as I stumble up and lean my entire body weight against the wall for support "but this is madness. Even a full blooded God would have passed out by now."

          "I know," He replies casually, unmoved by my comment "which is why you're better. Any normal living creature with a body structure similar or alike to that of a human being should have relented into unconsciousness long ago. You've proven your use to me, and whether you believe or not how far you've improved over the past two weeks, I have witnessed firsthand your enhancement. Now, again."

          My hesitation is as conspicuous as a rose in a field of daisies, but I exert myself nonetheless. Staggering painfully to my feet, I slowly rise to my full height, a weak attempt at straightening my back and shoulders.

          My very blood is connected with the four elements. Should I be in the same vicinity of an earthquake (which I didn't create), a tsunami, a tornado or even and volcanic eruption or bushfire, I begin to feel sore and weak. If I'm near severely polluted water, illness begins to tug at me bit by bit.

          The elements are like my siblings in a way. I often disregard them though, because they make me weak if I use them for too long, and I regularly don't require their services. I am capable of protecting myself, elements or not.

          What I do need to do when I am in need of their assistance, is move my entire body. The more I move my body, the more connected I am with them. I can move my arms like a wave, stomp my foot like an earthquake, twirl my figure around like a whirlwind.

          This is why I am finding this beyond strenuous.

          I stare unblinkingly at the rock set before me, not a single ligament, tendon or bone flinching a millimeter. When nothing happens, my stare narrows threateningly at the piece of earth, determination blazing behind my pupils.

          A small tremble emanates from the stone, so I press myself further. The more I press, the more I feel my cells screaming at me to move, to move with the rock. They want movement. They need movement.

          "Stop."

          I exhale loudly in gratitude, slumping up against the Asgardian granite wall of the training room once again. My frazzled hair is slipping from its bun due to the five straight hours of agonizing torture, but it's nothing like what I had to withstand the first few days and week.

          A disappointed frown pulls at Loki's face, but he clicks his fingers and a man instantly draws out his pencil and notebook, awaiting my biological father's notes. "Day 16: Nightingale has further proven my initial prognosis. While she has augmented, her improvements with the elements fire and water have bettered off in comparison to earth and air. Curious..."