Author's Note

Okay.... well there's a lot to say but maybe I can narrow it down a little....

Oh, and hi! :)

I want to start off with an apology. I've been away for a little while, and I may be slow with updating as well for a tad longer, but you guys are seriously like another family to me so I want to tell you why (and no, no one passed away or anything, so take a chill pill).

I've been undergoing a lot of stress lately, and usually I can handle it just fine but I always lose a bit of sleep over. However, like I said, I'm usually just fine with it. This time it's different though.

1) Negative comments? I can take that, I'm a big girl. There's always going to be haters and you know what? I am completely okay with that. They don't bother me that much at all.

2) People yelling and spamming me to update? That I can take too. Like I said, I undergo stress because of it and lose a bit of sleep but that's fine, because not only do I love to write but I love you guys as well.

3) Getting over 100 inbox messages from people purely asking me to read their entire book and receive feedback from it, even though I have school work and yearly exams coming up? That I need a bit more time with, but I get around to it eventually. I love the fact you guys are actually seeking my advice for your books (even though a few are just looking for me to read their books just for the sake of gaining popularity using me) and it honestly does touch me so much. It's becoming a bit excessive at the moment and climbing in numbers but all in due time I will trudge through it.

4) School work and exams piling up to the point where I fall asleep at my study table? That's not your fault, *scoffs* no one likes school except teachers because they get paid XD

5) Trying to get around to replying to all of your comments? Ooft, that's a doozy, but a lot of fun to do. I read every single comment, just replying to them takes a couple decades so sorry if it's like a month later and I finally manage to reply....

6) Writing up a substantial and properly written chapter as an update? That's the biggie, something I always love doing though, even though it's time consuming. You guys deserve chapters that actually have time and effort put into them, so that's why they take time. Sometimes I stress over it, but besides that I skip over to the computer desk with the sun happily in the sky, a rainbow shining overhead and 'Happy' playing in the background.

^^ See all of those things I just listed? I can take them all on individually, maybe even three or four at a time maximum.

But all 6 of them? Negative comments, people yelling and spamming me to update, typing up developed chapters with meaning and effort, getting over 100 inbox messages from people purely asking me to read their entire book and receive feedback from it, even though I have school work and yearly exams coming up, school work and yearly exams and trying to get around to replying to all of your comments?

Guys, let's remind y'all that I am only human-

-and I bleed when I fall down-

Just kidding..... well I do if it's a bad fall but that's not the point.

My stress levels are severely climbing and sleeping is becoming very rare for me. I started having the occasional anxiety attacks - something I've never ever had before in my life - and all in all, it's almost ruined writing and Wattpad for me. You might think this to be a bit exaggerated or extreme, but when you lay awake night after night or start receiving all the people spamming and trolling you to update (because apparently I can't have a life outside Wattpad and writing) it starts getting to you after a while. That's why I took a break, why I spent time away from Wattpad and writing. It was only about a month, but it was enough time for me to find joy in writing and being here again. However, all the things I listed are still happening (some of which are totally not bad, just time consuming but still fun)

So, here I offer a trade.

If you guys could please (and I mean this in the nicest way possible) stop asking me check out your books just for a little while, as well as stop demanding me to update, I promise you I dedicate more time to you guys and throw in a few more plot twists and plot developments to keep things interesting, as well as I try to reply to more comments at a quicker pace.

Deal?

Good :)

Ugh, sorry about that, wanted to get all the bad and weighing news out of the way, you've probably heard enough of my whining for an entire Norse God lifetime. So, here I offer awesome news (well I think it's awesome, hopefully you do too).

Guess who was in the daily newspaper for her Wattpad writing?

Me.

As in.

Like.

ME.

LIKE WHAT?

There was one small incorrect typo in the article but they thought it sounded better so they kept it that way, because they said "TARA Lyall is one of Australia's most popular authors with more than one million readers" when 'readers' should be 'reads' because we all know the difference between the two on here. I just didn't want people to think I was making up stuff when I said I had 1 million readers because lying isn't more forte, but guys....

WATTPAD WAS IN THE NEWSPAPER!

Hardly anyone I know (in person) knows about this site, but it's finally getting some recognition (even if it is only in Sydney/NSW) and I am so happy for it! That and the fact that I was in the freaking newspaper. My mum emailed and texted everyone in her contacts, as well as all me teachers and my principal.... those talks were fun when I got back to school.... especially when my year coordinator announced it to the whole grade *cringes*...

Oh, and then my boss ran into every store in the suburb and showed it to everyone in there, as well as anyone who walked into the hair salon (I work in a hairdressers btw) as well as their children, their children's cousins, ex boyfriends of clients, etc.

It was all a bit wild and I had no idea how to react, I so very awkwardly take compliments. Very awkwardly. I was just wondering though if you guys wanted to see what I looked like? Because there is a photo of me in the article, although there's more in the online one, so I'll leave the link below if you wanna see me (or read the article). They keep saying I'm a fantasy writer, which I am in a way, but it's better defined as fanfiction - as all of know.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/online-fantasy-author-tara-lyall-becomes-worldwide-sensation-at-the-tender-age-of-15/story-fni0cx12-1227543776752?sv=77635b8178836c95f40a4f77178f027

I think that's kind of it.... I'll try and write up a bit more but it may take another week [soorrryyyy :( ].

Thanks for understanding guys, and I'm sorry once again for staying away so long, I really am.

Thanks for reading and that's all for now, bye! :) xxx

~T.L