01. Fifteenth Birthday

Seven years and counting. He still has not come.

Birthdays have always been an occasion of happiness for most people. Presents, parties, quality family time, these are the main ingredients required to brew a perfect birthday.

But not for me. For me, birthdays have always been a source of sadness. It is like dejection makes an excuse for coming to our doorsteps on my and my brother's birthdays.

This is how my family, the Knightleys, spend our big day, encaged in our own cellars.

It is my fifteenth birthday today and I am still in my room, waiting for my brother to maybe, for once, wish me. I glance at the mahogany clock on my bedside table and see that it is still 6.00 A.M.

Wow, time never flies when you want it to.

"Lindsey dearie, come to the dining room for your breakfast," my governess, Ms Bragge, says from the other side of my bedroom door.

I hear footsteps growing more and more faint as the seconds pass by and my eyes roam across the room. There is not much here except for the basic bedroom furniture and some book shelves. The walls have been void of pictures and photographs ever since my parents and sister died in a car accident, seven years ago.

Then later on my brother, Dylan, had to take over the family business, Knightley Industries.

Dylan never had time for his only sibling and maybe, never will.

I look once again at my frost covered window and sigh. My fingers find their way to the cold glass and make a few circles on it.
I would say that cold represents gloominess but it's the thing I have at the moment.

I decide to stand up from my position on the bed and go downstairs or else Ms Bag, oh sorry, I mean Ms Bragge will be here again.

I walk across the wooden floor, with only the probbing on my own footsteps as my companion.

"Lindsey, Lindsey......"
I hear some voice as I open my bedroom door.

Hm, where is that voice coming from?

I ask myself as I enter the corridor to the stairs and close the door behind myself. That voice which I just heard is not my brother's nor Ms Bragge's voice. I recognise their voices.

Having all these thoughts, I walk down to the dining room to see that Ms Bragge has already started her slumber.

The dining is as the same as always, lavish, neatly kept and basically empty. I sit in one corner of the table while Ms. Bragge sits on the other.

Anyhow, I better get started on my breakfast. I am thinking of revising my history test for today. I still have some time, my school starts at 8.00 A.M.

As I'm eating, I try to shoot a berry into Ms Bragge's nostril, just to break the norm of my routine.

But she wakes up and all of my efforts prove to be in vain.

"Lindsey, Lindsey..........."

I hear that same voice again, that voice that I heard in the stairs. It couldn't be Ms Bragge, she barely moved her lips.

I look around the room to find the owner of the voice.

Suddenly, the dining room door opens.

Hello to anybody reading this! Thank for clicking that 'Read' button and ending up here:)

First of all, I would like to clarify that in this story, 'The Ghost's Diary',(TGD for short), there will be cursing, but it won't go overboard. Plus, there won't be any erotic scenes.

~thought I'd mention that xD~

If you guys have any suggestions on how to make the story better, please let me know. I will never turn down constructive critisism.

 I will never turn down constructive critisism

The cover above is made by Tamedkiss :D

Hope you guys liked the chapter.

Avoid weird typos:)

Love,
MS Zame