Chapter 15

The silence in the room was stilling and there wasn't much to do but ponder over what Paul had just said. 

Zayn laughed, breaking the quiet "That's funny" He nodded, walking forward and holding his arms out to Maggie.

Paul stepped in front of him, placing a strong hand on Zayn's chest, "Zayn, I'm serious" 

They all blinked, in absolute disbelief really, "Paul get off" Zayn whispered, eyes turning in distrust.

But Paul couldn't, he slowly shook his head and kept his hand on Zayn, "Go start packing your stuff" 

Zayn's hands began to tremble, and with angry strength no one really thought was there, he grabbed Paul's shoulders, shoving him back and against the makeshift counters of the tour bus. "I said don't touch me!" He bellowed. 

Again, the silence fell over the bunch, but this time there was a chilling tension as well. "Zayn!" Liam hissed, breathing heavy.

"Zayn go pack your things" Paul repeated. 

"Paul we're not leaving without Maggie" Niall said. 

And soon, the whole bus was madness. Harry was yelling at Paul, Liam was crying, Niall who was equally as heated was holding Zayn back, and Louis took Maggie, cradling her to his chest and hiding her face from the mutiny around her. 

"BOYS!" Paul yelled, taking a plate and throwing it just inches from Niall's head, shattering to the ground. 

Maggie whimpered, and Louis pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead. "Listen! Jess will take Maggie until the threat is gone okay?! You're doing one more show, tomorrow night, then we're flying straight back to the U.K where you're under protective custody till this Mr.X crap has blown over okay?!" He hissed.

They all looked around, the news startling. "How long will that be? I'm leaving her for more than a month-"

"It'll be more than a month Niall" Paul growled. 

Louis felt his heart break as he cradled the small girl as close to him as he could. He didn't feel like fighting and yelling. Him, being the oldest and probably wisest of them all, understood this was probably for the best. Maggie would be out of danger and off with Jess who was like a mother to the little thing.

"Okay" He whispered, and his small voice seemed to quiet the rest. He set the now sleeping girl in her crib and held back some tears, "I'll go start packing" He said, turning and walking to the back room to start packing his things. 

6 Months Later

"I'm going" Harry said, walking through his and Louis' flat determinedly.

To say a lot has happened the past 6 months was an understatement. Not only has One Direction released a new album and gotten a new bundle of tattoos, but they've grown more mature in a sense... And more importantly sadder.

"Harry we don't even know where Jess lives-"

"Louis I don't care. What if she's my daughter? That paternity test was supposed to come in three months ago and it could be with her" Harry snapped, throwing on a jacket and grabbing his duffel bag

Louis set his jaw, "What'll you tell Taylor?" He growled. 

Harry stopped in the doorway, "Neither you or I will tell Taylor anything, okay? I'll be back when I at least see her once. Not my fault you're too coward to go-"

"How dare you!" Louis shouted, "She may be my daughter too!" 

Harry laughed, "And you're not going! Right, because you don't want Eleanor to know-"