Chapter 16

"Wise.... Men... Say..." Louis sang under his breathe, walking out to the kitchen with tousled hair and even worse pyjamas. "Only fools.... Rush... It..."

He made it to the counter where he grabbed a clean bowl, and next to the pantry to get proper cereal, "But I... Can't.... Help... Falling in love-AH!" 

Louis eyes widened in seconds, falling back onto the kitchen tile. 

"Da" Maggie smiled, sitting on the floor with her little fist completely in her mouth, her eyes glowing as she reached a chubby arm towards Louis, obviously not wanting to remove the hand from her mouth to crawl to him.

"M-Maggie?" He whispered in disbelief. He shut his eyes tight, opening them again... She was still there. He pinched his arm, though cried in pain... It wasn't a dream. "Maggie!" He jumped up and scooped her up as well. He pressed her little face to the soft fabric of his sleeping shirt and kissed her temple at least a thousand times. 

"I guess you saw my surprise" Harry said in the doorway. Louis spun around, still holding Maggie, though his eyes were blazing, "Harry what the hell?!" 

He held up a hand, coming towards his shorter room-mate and maybe-daughter in his arms, "I flew to Canada to see Jess and.... Well..."

Louis looked up expectantly, rocking Maggie back and forth when she started to get fussy. It was as though all his paternal instincts had suddenly kicked back in the moment he saw her.

"Jess is dead Louis"

Louis' heart dropped, tanned cheeks paling, "What?! Harry... How?" He whispered, throat feeling suddenly too raw to actually speak.

"Cancer. She's had it for a while. I was there for two weeks and within that time she... She was gone" Harry looked down at their feet, holding Maggie's back with his hand. Funny, how his massive hand could reach from her neck, to the small of her little back. 

"Oh my god... Why didn't we know?" Louis didn't sound angry at anyone but himself.

"She kept it a secret. It was so sudden Lou" Harry said quietly. Maggie's head lifted off Louis' shoulder and she tugged at his fine lips, smiling wide when Louis smiled at her. 

"We have to call the lads. They have to see her" Louis said softly, kissing her forehead when she'd finally released his mouth. 

Harry nodded, "Yeah... We do"

~

"Zayn... Zayn wake up"

"Fivemoreminutes"

"Zayn you have a phone call! And the phone is right by my back and it's vibrating and being annoying"

"FivemoreminutesIsaid"

"ZAYN!" Perrie shouted, taking a pillow and smashing it against her sleeping boyfriend's face. He gasped, flailing his arms to the point where he was diving out of the bed, "PERRIE!" 

With tired eyes she threw the iPhone down at him, "It's Harry" She grumbled, laying back down and burying her head. 

Zayn groaned and slid open the call, "What the hell do you want Harry-"

"Da?"

Zayn's eyes were instantly open, sitting up on the floor and already itching to start bolting to Harry's.

"Ma... Maggie?"

"Da?" There was whispering behind her, "Zen? Baba? ... Da?"

Zayn actually laughed, for some reason tears filling his eyes, "Maggie, hey baby... What are you doing? You're doing such good talking! Good girl I'm so proud of you"