Intro

-Ariana above-

I nervously tapped my feet on the concrete floor as I sat outside of the principals office holding my detention slip. My smart mouth got the best of me again. I'm sorry, but when I find something that doesn't sit with me or if you talk crap to me. I will say something back I speak whatever comes to my mind. It's a blessing and a curse.

It's not really me anyway, It's my English teacher Mr. Smith. Dont get me wrong he's a great teacher. It's just- I admit I talk a lot in class and get In Trouble, but Smith always has something smart to say. So, why not be smart back? It drives him nuts!The whole class laughs, but im not trying to be funny. Smith always takes it as a joke but I'm serious.

"Ariana" principal Preston stuck his head out of his office door with his glasses down to his nose. Looking over and not trough his glasses.

I hate when he does that.

I got up with my book bag and headed into his office. He looked very disappointed in me as I sat down in his chair.

"Ariana, you're not like this" he said. "Oh yes I am." I chuckled. "I do talk a lot in all my classes but Smith loves sending me to the office" I smiled. I began to look around his office, seeing pictures of his family and his kids, Trophies along with file cabinets and more .

It was silent.

"Your detention is today after school for three hours and I hope you're happy because Smith is teacher for detention ." He switched around a couple of papers. "That's another detention added to the pile" he mumbled.

"Can I go now?" I sighed.

"Whatever" he started typing on his computer. I left and wondered around the hall until I finally reached smiths classroom. I searched around for my seat, but I couldn't find it.

"Where's my seat?" I asked.

"You mean the one around your buds?" He asked. "I moved it to the front where you belong." He pointed to my desk. "I don't know why you moved my seat like I'm going to stop talking or something." I smiled throwing my book bag on the floor and slipping into my desk seat. I'm not gonna lie. It just gives me a better view of smith. He's not bad looking.

I try to stop myself from thinking these things, but sometimes it's uncontrollable. He just so-

I just love how he's so tall and his eyes are a very pretty blue and his hair...is like none I've seen before- an odd color blonde not sure what you would call it, but he looks-

He always wear suits except for on Friday which is casual day for teachers. Then he'll wear all black or white with jeans and his chucks. He's so cool. I don't know how young he is....he's a teacher right?

So, not that young? I don't care.

I sat in my seat with my head resting in my hand, staring smith down. I wasn't listening to a word he was saying. How could I? Sometimes he can be distracting.

I heard a drowned out voice call my name.

"Ariana" as I was slowly came out of my daze. It was a little clearer

"Ariana" I jumped and smith was standing in front of me tapping my desk and calling my name.

"Yes?" I sat back in my seat to look in his blue eyes.

"Pay attention" he walked back over to the smart board.

"Ariana, briefly summarize The last part of the book..." he demanded.

" basically Odysseus spends the night describing the chain of events leading up to his arrival on Calypso's island. his trip to the Land of the Lotus Eaters, his battle with Polyphemus the Cyclops, his love affair with the witch-goddess Circe, his temptation by the deadly Sirens, his journey into Hades blah blah blahhh the Phaeacians return Odysseus to Ithaca, where he seeks out the hut of his swineherd, Eumaeus." I explained.