On to us

I woke up to the smell of breakfast.
Usually I don't. I scrunched my nose as I got up and tied my robe around me. I yawned as I slipped on my bedroom slippers. I tied my hair into a messy bun as I made my way down the stairs into the kitchen.

"Oh, mom" I smiled. "What are you doing here" I sat down at the island in the middle of our kitchen that faced the windows that showed a nice view of outside. "I decided to fix you some breakfast before I go to work! I'm never here when you wake up so why not? You're father is already at the restaurant."

"Oh, well thank you mom" I smiled.
"Neighbors said you got home kinda late last night" she brought up.
"Yeah, I did"

"Out with Claire?" she asked. " actually I was getting tutored. My teacher dropped me off here" why not use the same excuse? "What class" she asked. Sliding a plate of pancakes towards me.
"English" I poured half the bottle of maple syrup on my pancakes. "Ariana you are amazing at English. Why do you need to get tutored" she leaned over the counter to rest.

"Just not understanding some things" I lied.

"I also got a call from your principal saying You've been getting detentions from mr.smith too. Ariana, what's going on. You're a senior, it's the end of the year you need to get right because I don't want another kid almost failing their senior year. " my mom ranted. She's talking about my brother. His name is max (picture above) he doesn't look like my brother because he has a different dad. He's almost failed his senior year but once he realized what he was doing wrong he got his shit together, passed, and is now in college. The only thing is I'm not failing any of my classes. I'm not even getting tutored. This is just a cover up.

"Nothing's going on." I replied.

I felt my robe pocket vibrate. I took out my phone after shoving a piece of pancake in my mouth.

"Good morning beautiful" Lucky texted me. I don't have his full real name in my phone it's just the emojis.

"🍀💙" it stands for lucky blue. Creative right?

It's So people won't look at my phone and say
"lucky? That's you're English teacher right?" Or something like that.

I smiled at the text and at the fact that I'm the first thing he thinks of when he wakes up.

"Goodmorningggg :)" I texted back

"ARIANA" my mom yelled. "Mom, I'm soooo sorry about that"

"That was rude! Never do that again not while I'm talking to you!" she yelled. "Who were you texting"

"Claire, she said something funny that's why I smiled" I lied. Mom sighed. "Okay"

"Honey, I gotta go, see you when I see you" she left.
When I heard the door slam and the car engine start up I immediately called him.

"Hey sweetie" he answered. "Wow you must've really just woken up" I laughed. "You making fun of my sleepy voice" he laughed. "I love it"

"You do huh? What are you planning to do today" he asked. "Probably hang out at my parents restaurant. Unless you gonna come pick me up" I smiled

"I gotta drop by my moms place to make up for last night...maybe we can go to the park out of town." He said.

Eh, out of town?
I'm so tired of....going...out of town.

"Sure" I frowned a little. "Maybe at 3 I'll swing by and pick you up"

"I can't wait to see you." I smiled biting my lip "me either babe"

"Bye" I finished my pancakes "bye" he hung up. The door swung open to the garage. "I'm sorry I just forgot something" my mom walked in and ran up the stairs and minutes later ran back down the stairs. "Bye sweetie"

"Oh wait mom!" I stopped her from shutting the garage door. "Yeah"

"I might drop by the restaurant" I smiled. "Okay sweetie. See you later then" she slammed the door....

~~~~~~~~

It's been exactly one month since lucky and I have been dating. Nobody has suspected anything. I haven't told anybody. We are good at hiding this. School ends in a few months , meaning I'm going to graduate in 3 months and plus my birthday is coming up at the end of this week. So, I think this is going to work out! I'm going to be 18 which means I'm going to be legal. Which means after I graduate I can actually be seen with lucky! Right?

I'm 18 and I'm not his student anymore. What could they possibly do to us. We aren't doing anything illegal once I graduate. I'm sure we can keep this on the down low till then. Nobody is suspecting anything

My phone started to ring. 
"Hellooo" I smiled. "My sister is on to us" he sounded worried. I spoke too soon. "Excuse me?"

"She is on to us." He repeated. "She talked to me today. She told me she noticed how much time we have been spending together. This wasn't the first time she told me but I think she's starting to get more suspicious. She said you "tutor" her way too much. I'm starting to think this is more than just tutoring." He explained.

"Oh my gosh lucky" I whined. "What did you tell her"

"I told her that it's just tutoring and I tell her sometimes I get a group of students who needs help and invite them to my house for a study session to help pass the test. It's just that she needs more help than the rest"

"what she say" I asked. "She said that she looked through your grades and saw how good of a student you are. So she's not buying it" he sighed. "Damnit" I rolled my eyes. "Look, we have that quiz tomorrow on the book. Ima need you to fail it and Ima tell her I didn't have the study session. Just so she can buy what I'm selling" he planned. "Is it gonna destroy  my  grade?" I asked. "Not a lot. You'll still have an A in my class"

"Can I see you?" I asked. "I'm sorry baby Im about to go to a school meeting" he sounded a little sad. "It's fine. What about afterwards"

"I'll be going to the teachers dinner. I'm so sorry. you know I always want to see you." He tried to cheer me up. He knew I was sad. "Yeah I know"

"When does the dinner end" I asked. "I don't know...if the dinner ends early I'll call you" he said. "Okay" I sniffed a little. I wasn't crying. My eyes were just....getting a little watery. "I have to go Ariana" he said. "Bye babe" I hung up before he could say anything.

I'm a little upset. It's just this teaching stuff is kinda getting in the way, but I guess it's my fault for getting in relationship with a teacher.