Earning High Ranks In Jannah #1

Bismillah

1. Fulfil our Obligatory duties unto Allah: There is NO doubt that we must fulfill our obligations unto Allah before anything else.

We cannot expect to get closer to Allah and gain high ranks of Jannah without fulfilling our obligatory duties unto him.

It is stated according to Hadith Qudsi: "Whoever draws near to Me among those drawn near by fulfilling what I have made obligatory on them.

You do not draw near to Allah except by fulfilling the obligatory duties which Allah has made obligatory on you; (that is) the obligatory duties from the obligatory duties (Fard) such as Prayers, Zakat (obligatory charity), and Hajj, and Fasting, e.t.c. All these obligatory duties on you draw you near to Allah, the Glorified and the Exalted and to also abstain from that which Allah and his messenger have forbidden us from.

2. Doing Everything We Can To Please Allah: We must do EVERYTHING in our daily life that pleases Allah and stay away from anything that angers or displeases him.

Abu Hurayrah (RA) reported regarding the saying of Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam): "If I forbid you to do something, then keep away from it. And if I order you to do something, then do of it as much as you can." (Al-Bukhaari).

3. Striving to get closer to Allah:
Abu Hurairah Radiyallahu Anhu reports that the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) in a Hadith Qudsi narrated that Allah says:

"I treat My slaves according to his expectations from Me. I am with him when he remembers Me; and if he remembers Me in his heart, I remember him in My heart;

and if he remembers Me in a gathering, I remember him in a better and nobler gathering (of angels).

If he comes closer to Me by one span, I go closer to him an arm's length;

if he comes towards Me an arm's length, I go towards him two arm's length; and if he comes to Me walking, I come to him running. (Bukhari)

So when a person strives to get closer to Allah through good deeds, then Allah turns towards His slave with much more attention, mercy, and help.

4. Maintaining Iman (faith):
The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) said: " Faith wears out in the heart of any one of you just as clothes wear out, so ask Allaah to renew the faith in your hearts." (Reported by al-Haakim, al-Tabaraani)

If we want to gain high ranks of Jannah we need to keep our Imaan topped up.

This is because Imaan fluctuates and needs to be maintained otherwise it may fall dangerously low resulting in us losing our way and opening a path for Shaythan to misguide us.

Our Imaan can only be constantly high if we maintain it by doing good actions and everything that pleases Allah.

Without making an effort our Imaan will fall low and we will be vulnerable to attack.

5. Being thankful to Allah
We should always ask Allah to make us appreciative and thankful.

We should constantly think of the favours that Allah has done for us and know that even if we spent our whole lives worshipping Allah then we would NEVER be able to repay him for even one blessing he has given us.

Therefore we should be thankful to him and never be ungrateful:

"Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152].

6. Being constant in Repentance:
Allah loves repentance and loves those who turn to him in repentance:

Truly Allah loves those who turn [to Him] in repentance, and He loves those who keep themselves in purity. (Qur'an 2:222).