UDC #2 Accepted Supplications

SubḥānAllāhi wal ḥamdullilāhi, wa lā ilāha illallāhu wAllāhu akbaru.

Glory be to Allah, and all praise is for Allah, and none has the right to be worshipped except Allah, and Allah is the greatest.

Abū Hurairah (r.a) reported Allah's Messenger (s.a.w) said: "The uttering of these words:

'Glory be to Allah, and all praise is for Allah, and none has the right to be worshipped except Allah, and Allah is the greatest.'

is dearer to me than all that the sun rises upon.' [Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim: 6847]

Yā Badī'as samāwāti, yā Ḥayyu yā Qayyumu, innī as'aluka.

O Originator of the heavens, O Ever Living, O Self Subsisting, indeed I ask You.

Anas bin Mālik (r.a) said, 'I was with the Prophet (s.a.w) when a man-made supplication, saying,

O Originator of the heavens, O Ever Living, O Self Subsisting, indeed I ask You.

He (s.a.w) said, 'Do you know by what he has made supplication? By the One in whose hand my soul is! He has asked Allah by that Name with which if He is asked, He answers.'
[Al-Adab al-Mufrad lil-Bukhārī: 705]

Allāhumma innī as'aluka bi annī ash-hadu annaka antAllāhu, lā ilāha illā Antal Aḥaduṣ Ṣamadul ladhī lam yalid wa lam yūlad wa lam yaku(n)l lahu kufuwan aḥadun.

O Allah, indeed I ask You, because I bear witness that indeed you are Allah, there is no true deity except You, the One, the Eternal Refuge, He neither begets nor is born, nor is there to Him any equivalent.

Abdullāh bin Buraidah (r.a) reported that the Prophet (s.a.w) heard a man saying:

O Allah, indeed I ask You, because I bear witness that indeed you are Allah, there is no true deity except You, the One, the Eternal Refuge, He neither begets nor is born, nor is there to Him any equivalent.

The Prophet (s.a.w) said, 'You have asked Allah (s.w.t) by His Greatest Name. When one supplicates by this Name He answers, and when one asks Him by this name, He grants.'
[Sunan al-Tirmidhī: 3475]
.
Allāhumma innī as'aluka bi anna lakal ḥamda, lā ilāha illā antal mannānu badī'us samāwāti wal arḍi, yā dhal jalāli wal ikrāmi yā Ḥayyu yā Qayyūmu.

O Allah, indeed I ask You because for You is all praise, there is no true deity except You, the Benefactor, the Originator of the heavens and the earth. O Possessor of Majesty and Splendour, O Ever Living, O Self-Subsistent.

Anas bin Mālik (r.a) narrated, 'I was sitting with the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) and a man was offering prayers, he then made a supplication:

O Allah, indeed I ask You because for You is all praise, there is no true deity except You, the Benefactor, the Originator of the heavens and the earth. O Possessor of Majesty and Splendour, O Ever Living, O Self-Subsistent.

The Prophet (s.a.w) then said, 'he has supplicated to Allah (s.w.t) using His greatest name when supplicated by this Name, He answers, and when asked by this Name He grants.' [Sunan Abū Dāwūd: 1495] Ṣaḥīḥ

Lā ilāha illAllāhu waḥdahu lā sharīkalahu, lahul mulku wa lahul ḥamdu wa huwa 'alā kulli shai'in qadīrun, alḥamdulillāhi wa subḥānAllāhi wa lā ilāha illAllāhu wAllahu Akbar wa lā ḥawla wa lā quwwata illā billāhi. Allāhummaghfirlī.

There is no true deity except Allah Alone, no partner has He. To Him belongs the dominion and to Him belongs all praise and He is over all things All Powerful. All praise is for Allah and Glorified is Allah and there is no true deity except Allah and Allah is the Greatest and there is no power or might except with Allah.

Ubādah bin Al-Ṣāmit (r.a) reported that the Prophet (s.a.w) said, 'Whoever wakes up at night and then says,

There is no true deity except Allah Alone, no partner has He. To Him belongs the dominion and to Him belongs all praise and He is over all things All Powerful. All praise is for Allah and Glorified is Allah and there is no true deity except Allah and Allah is the Greatest and there is no power or might except with Allah and then says, O Allah, forgive me.

then supplicates - he will be answered. And if he performs ablution and offers Ṣalah, his Ṣalah will be accepted.'
[Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī: 1154]