Elevate The Scale Of Good Deeds #4

30. Meet Your Brother with a happy face:

Abu Dharr said, "The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, told me, 'Do not consider anything correct insignificant, even meeting your brother with a happy face." (Muslim)

31. Even Moving obstacles from peoples paths is a great reward:

Abu Hurairra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "A man passed by a fallen branch in the middle of the road and said, 'By Allah, I will remove this from the path of the Muslims so that it does not inconvenience them' and he was admitted into the Garden." (Muslim)

32. Being kind to Parents is the best deed after Salat:

It is narrated on the authority of Abdullah bin Mas'ood (may Allah be pleased with him), who observed:

"I asked Allah's Messenger (May peace be upon him) which deed was the best." He (the Holy Prophet) replied: 'The Prayer at its appointed hour.' I (again) asked: "Then what?" He (the Holy Prophet) replied: 'Kindness to the parents. (Sahih Muslim: 120)

33. Sending Darud and Peace on the blessed Prophet (Peace be upon him):

The Holy Prophet as saying that "One sent by my Sustainer came to me and told me that 'Whoever from your ummah sends darud on you once ten good deeds are recorded on his behalf, his ten (minor) sins are pardoned and he is elevated by ten stages." (Sunan Nisai and Musnad Ahmed, AI-targhib li al Mundhari, P.157 volume 3)

And Anas (RA) a companion, has said that the eternally blessed Prophet said that "When my name is mentioned before anyone it is incumbent upon him to, send darud on me, and whosoever sends darud once, Allah sends His Mercy on him ten times"

The best Darud is that which we read in our Salah and the shortest is to say "Salallahu Alaihi Wasallim."

34. Seeking forgiveness as much as possible everyday:

Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) was free of all sin, but even then he has said that "I beg for Allah's forgiveness seventy times or more every day" (Bukhari)

The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said:"Whosoever regularly seeks Allah's pardon, Allah makes for him a way out of all tight corners, removes all his worries and grants him sustenance from sources he had never imagined." (Abu Damd, Kitab-al-Satat, Bab-al-Istighfar).

35. Planting Trees is like giving Sadaqa and a means of great Reward]:

Planting plants and trees in appropriate places is an act of great merit.

Anas (RA) has quoted Rasulallah (Peace be upon him):

"A man plants a tree or sows a field and a man or bird eats from it, the tree or field becomes a source of sadaqah for him." (Bukhari and Muslim)

36. Teach others beneficial Islamic things and have mercy of Allah and all creatures:

Abu Umama has quoted the following words of our Prophet (Peace be upon him) "Allah the Most High and His Angels and all creatures of the Heavens and earth even the ants inside their ant-holes shower mercy one those who teach things of benefit to others." (Jame-Tirmidhi)

37. Greet your Muslim brother whether you know them or not:

Our holy Prophet (Peace be upon him), was asked as to which actions are good for Muslims. Among the actions which he enumerated was this: "You should greet people whether you know them or not."

It is reported about Abdullah bin Omar that sometimes he went out of the house only to greet any Muslims he met and thus to increase his merit. (Muvatta Imam Malik)

37a. When entering ones house greet with salaam even when entering empty house:

Our holy Prophet (Peace be upon him) instructed his personal servant Anas as follows, "Oh son! When you enter (your) house, greet your family members; this act shall be of benefit for both you and your family members."(Tirmidhi)

Even when entering an empty house one should greet with the intent that angels are being greeted.

37b. Reward for giving FULL salaam is 30 good deeds:

Imran bin Husayn(RA) recounts that once he and others were in the presence of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) when a man came and said, "Assalamu alaikum", to which the blessed Prophet (Peace be upon him) responded and said, "Ten" (i.e. the person who had greeted him had earned ten merits); then another man came and he "Assalamu alaikum wa Rahmatullah", to which the Prophet (Peace be upon him) responded and said "Twenty" (i.e. the person had earned twenty merits). Finally a third man came and said "Assalamu alaikum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatu", to which the exalted Prophet (Peace be upon him) responded and said, "Thirty" (i.e. the person had earned thirty merits) (Abu Daud, Tirmidhi, Jami al Usul, p. 602. vol 6)

38. Love for the sake of Allah and be under his shade:

One hadith says, "Allah shall ask on the Day of Judgement, ' Where are those who loved for the sake of my Greatness? Today when there is no shade save Mine, I shall have them in My Shade.'" (Sahih Muslim: Kitab al Birr wa al Silah)

Another tells us that "On the Day of Judgement, those who had mutual love for the sake of Allah's Greatness shall be on pulpits of light and all shall envy them." (Jami' Tirmidhi, Kitab al Zuhd)

39. We will be with those whom we love even the Prophet (Peace be upon him):

Anas (RA) Quotes that someone asked our blessed and exalted Prophet,"When shall come the Day of Judgement?" Our Prophet asked him "What preparation have you made for the Day?" The man said, "Nothing, but I have love for Allah and for His Messenger." The Prophet said, "You shall be (on that Day) with whom you love."

Anas (RA) says that these words of the Holy Prophet (Peace be upon him) so pleased us as nothing had ever done. He further said, "I have great love for the Holy Prophet (Peace be upon him) and with Abu Bakr (RA) and Umar(RA), may Allah be pleased with them, and because of this love, I shall be in their company, even though my deeds are not equal to theirs."(Sahih Bukhari, kitab-al-Adab, chapter Alamah al Hubb fi Allah).

40. Magnify ones intention and get even MORE reward doing good deeds!:

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said:"Deeds (their correctness and rewards) depend upon intentions, and every person gets but what he has intended." (Agreed upon)

Ibn Al-Mubarak said: "May a small deed be magnified by the sincere intention; and may a great deed be diminished by the insincere intention"

If we do not correct our intention before doing a good act or deed then we will not get rewarded our deeds even if it is a great one, while we can magnify our humble deeds by a sincere intention.

May Allah increase us in good and give us the ability to do excessive good deeds so that we may please him and make him the happiest so we can achieve the highest ranks of Paradise. Ameen

"Surely Allah does not do injustice so much as an atom's weight, and in case it is a fair deed, He will double it and bring from very close to Him a magnificent reward." (4:40).