Sunnahs To Go By

This chapter is dedicated to @AbdOfRahman

I got this from her book, 'Sunnah is My Style.'

1.DHIKRS & DUAS FOR JANNAH.

A: Fasubhaanal-laahi Heena Tumsuuna Wa Heena Tusbihuuna Wa Lahul Hamdu Fis-samaawaati Wal-ardi Wa 'Ashiyyaw Wa heena Tuzhiroona Yukhrijul-hayya Minal-mayyiti Wa Yukhrijul Mayyita Minal-hayyi Wa YuhyilArda Ba'da Mautiha WaKadhaalika Tukhrajoon.

"So purity belongs to Allah, when you reach the evening and when you rise in the morning, for Him be praise in the heavens and on the earth and in the late afternoon and when the day begins to decline.

It is He Who brings out the living from the dead and brings out the dead from the living and Who gives life to the earth after it is dead: and like that shall you be brought out (from the dead)."

By reciting this at night the shortcomings of the Zikrs of the day are fulfilled and similarly by reciting in the day the shortcoming of the night. (Muslim).

B: Allahumma Anta Rabbi La Ilaha Illa Anta Khalaqtani Ana 'Abduka Wa Ana 'Ala 'Ahdika Wa Wa'dika Mastata'tu A'udhubika Min Sharri Maa Sana'tu Abu'u laka Bini'matika 'Alayya Wa Abu'u Bidhambi Faghfirli Fa Innahu La Yaghfirudh-dhunooba Illa Anta.

"O Allah! You are my Sustainer, there is no god save You. You have created me and I am Your slave. I abide by Your covenant and promise as best as I can. I seek Your protection from the evil of that which I committed (perpetrated). I acknowledge (unto You) Your favour which You have bestowed upon me. I also confess my sins, therefore, forgive me for none forgives sins besides You."

One who reads this Dua once (known as Sayyidul Istighfaar [Best Dua for asking forgiveness]) in the morning and passes away before the evening his abode shall be in Jannah (Paradise).

Similarly one who reads it in the evening and passes away before the morning. (Tirmidhi)

C: If the following Du'a is read after eating, then, if Allah wills, the reciters minor sins will be forgiven:

Alhamdu Lillahil-ladhi At'amnim Hadhat-ta'aama Wa
Razaqaneehi Min Ghairi Hawlim Minnii Wa La Quwwah.

All praise is due to Allah who fed me this food and made it sufficient for me without any effort and striving from my side. (S.K.-Vol. 1 : Pg. 232)

HAVE ALL YOUR SINS FORGIVEN:

SAY: Astagh-firullaahal-ladhi La Ilaha Illa Huwal-hayyul
Qayyuumu Wa 'Atubu Ilaih.

I seek forgiveness from Allah besides Whom there is none worthy of worship, the Living, the Sustainer (of life) and to Him I repent. (Kanzul 'Ummal-SYL-Vol. 1 :Pg. 387-388)

Nabi (SAW) said to read the above 'Istighfar' three times then Allah SWT will forgive the reciters sins even if they are equal to:-

a) The foam in the oceans;

b) Leaves on (all the) trees (of the world);

c) Equivalent to the number of days in the world.

(Kanzul 'Ummal - S.K. - Vol. 1 : Pg. 387-388;

NAFL WITH WOW REWARDS!

a)SALAH TAHAJJUD :

In Paradise there is a castle reserved for those who read Tahajjud Salah and the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) further adds, those who pray at night will enter paradise without having to account for their acts in this life.

a.i)To sleep with the intention of getting up for Tahajjud. (Nisa 'i)

a.ii)The prayer consists of a minimum of 2 Rak'ats, and a maximum of 8 or 12 Rak'ats (to be read according ones capacity).

a)Salat ul Awabeen:

The Salat al-Awwabeen (prayer of the oft repentant) is 6 rakats, prayed after the Maghrib prayer in sets of two.

It is best to do this after the 2 confirmed Sunnah rakats of Maghrib, though it is also valid to consider those 2 rakats from the 6.

In 'Mughni Al-Muhtaj' - 1/459 Al-Awwabeen prayer is also called prayer of the "unmindful" because people usually neglect performing it due to having supper or sleeping and the like.

b) Chast (Duha) Salah:

The time for Chasht Salah begins when the sun is bright and ends just before Zawal (midday). (It would usually begin at approximately 9.00 or 9.30 a.m. (in India)). (Muslim - Riyadus Sawlihin)

b.i)By reading only 2 rak 'ats of Chasht Salah all the minor sins are forgiven. (Tirmidhi)

b.ii) And also (by reading 2 rak'ats of Chasht Salah) Sadaqah (charity) is fulfilled for the 360 joints of the body. (Muslim)

b.iii)A huge mansion of gold shall be erected for one who reads 12 rak'ats of Chasht Salah. (Ahmad)