Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Expect The Unexpected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rosalie's POV:

I woke up to sunlight streaming on my face. I squint my eyes and groggily yell "It burns!" Wow. It's only been one night without my mom here and I'm already going crazy. This was going to be an interesting few months.

I unwillingly detached myself from my bed and did my normal morning routine. Once I was done getting ready I glanced at the clock. Only 7:45. I had to be at work by 8:30 this morning because my boss needed to discuss a few things. I glanced at my piano again. It seemed lonely.

Great now my piano has feelings. I am

crazy.

I sat on the bench and contemplated on what song to play. I finally decided on "Right Here" by Justin Bieber. The rhythm of the song always soothed me. As I finished playing I glanced at the time. 7:55. Time is so slow. I finally decided to go to work extra early. I grabbed my keys and walked to my car. I fiddled with the radio stations and finally decided on some classical music. I know it's old, but it helps me concentrate.

I pulled up at work and strolled in through the doors. My boss greeted me with a fake smile that I was used to. I walked into the break room and got my things settled. I walked back behind the counter and sighed. I had a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach, and I had no idea why. It was the same feeling that I got when I was around Harry yesterday. I pushed my thoughts aside and wiped down the counter. Soon enough, Jason walked in with his head held high. He grinned at me and winked. I smiled and gave him a friendly hug.

"How's my Harry-loving princess?" he asked. I blushed. Wait WHY am I blushing?!? I only saw him once! And he has a girlfriend that he seems pretty happy with.

"I'm not in love with him." I said calmly. Jason rolls his eyes.

"Deniaaaal." he sings. I sighed in defeat. I'd never really experienced love at first sight before. I guess this is what it feels like. After a few minutes, my boss called us all into the meeting room. We all sat at a large table. Jason sat on my left and my co-worker Tracy sat on my right. I never really cared for Tracy. She always tried to seduce every attractive male that walked in. She chewed on her gum loudly and Jason scoffed in disgust. I giggled slightly. Then my boss began to speak.

"As you know, this will be the last day before summer break for all of you. And I am very proud of your work ethic. But sadly, times are tough and there are some things that we need to sacrifice." He paused for a moment.

"I'm sorry to say that we are going to have to fire quite a few of you today. You will still get paid over the summer, but in September you're done." I gulped. I can't loose my job. I needed to save up for when I bought a house in two years. I nervously fiddled with my fingers as he began to speak again.

"I'm sorry to say that the following people won't be joining us in September. Dolly Standle, Abby Richards, Timothy Roth, Christina Fern, Tracy Adams, Jason Rackers, and Rosalie Edwards. I'm terribly sorry. You lot can be on your way home now, please come back at noon to pick up your paychecks."

He finished his speech and left us all dumbfounded. I stared at Jason in shock. He frowned at me, I could see that he was on the verge of tears.

Jason lived by himself in an apartment complex. His parents kicked him out after he told them that he was gay. The didn't even give him time to go back for his things. This job was the only thing paying for his bills and I knew that he couldn't pay his mortgage without this job. I pulled him in for a hug and I felt the wetness of a tear on my shoulder. I rubbed his back as he quietly sobbed into my chest. Most of the others that were fired had already left. I eventually got Jason to stop crying and we both left the room together. We gathered our stuff and said goodbye to a few people. We walked out to the parking lot and Jason and I hoped into my car. I drove him home and told him that I would pick him up at 12:00. Once I got home and settled I knew I was going to cry. I distracted myself by taking a shower and changing out of my Starbucks uniform. I slipped on a pair of red skinny jeans and a white flowy top that had the British flag on it. I straightened my slightly wavy hair and put on some mascara and lip gloss. I don't know why, but I felt the need to get a little dressed up. I walked into my living room and slumped onto the couch. Flicking through the channels I kept thinking about Harry. Was I really falling for a guy that I've only seen in person for 60 seconds?

Harry's POV:

I flopped onto the couch in the 1D house. We had just got home from an interview and Taylor already called me 4 times. I hate that I had to end it with her, but I knew it was for the best. She's been SUPER clingy lately and it's really weird. I looked at the time. It was already 11:45. I figured I would go back to Starbucks at 12:00, in hopes of Rosalie being there again.

Ugh! I feel so guilty! It's like I'm breaking up with Taylor because I found another girl. I'm such a wreck. Liam must've noticed because he said "Don't worry mate. It'll all work out!" I smiled weakly at him.

I decided to leave for Starbucks so I said goodbye to the guys and strolled out the door.

Once I was in my car, I blasted my music to try and clear my head. What was I going to say to her? 'Hi I'm Harry Styles of One Direction! Please fangirl over me and ignore the fact that the public thinks I'm in a happy relationship with Taylor Swift!'

Wow that was real smooth Harry.

I walked into Starbucks and to my dismay, she wasn't there. I ordered a caramel latte and sat down at a table right next to a window. I played around on twitter and looked at some fan mail. Boy my fans were nice.

A waiter gave me my latte and I sipped the hot, delicious liquid. I stared out the window when a certain tall blonde caught my eye.

It was Taylor. And she was standing on the sidewalk, kissing Joe Jonas.