Chapter 4: Falling for the first trap

Remember the first time you got drunk? Probably not. Just like Regina won't remember tomorrow morning what exactly she was doing. Maybe I was lucky enough. If she doesn't remember, she might not fire me.

My head was on neutral. Hoping a better idea would pop up instead of taking regina back to my place. She's crying and giggling on the couch like a child. I carry her up, wrapping her arm around my neck, lift her up by grabbing her hip. She's dizzy, falling apart with every unstable step she takes. We're out her office and almost on our way outside, when Katherine walks in.
"Oh thank god you're here! I need your help" I say laying regina down on the chair next my desk. She fails to stay put and falls down to the ground pouting "ouch!" She yells out. "Oh shit! She's so wasted" Katherine shakes her head in disappointment "I know she is and we need to help her"
"We? I don't think so" Katherine disagrees "what? We can't just leave her here!" I argue.
"Why not? She'll fall asleep on the couch and wake up in the morning regretting she behaved this childish" she recalled. "Give me her home address to drive her" I ask politely ignoring the fact Katherine is being a blunt bitch. "No I suggest you don't take her home, it'll make things worse" she grabs some folders and is about to leave out the office "wait, why not?" I stop her "because she got into a fight with her mother and fiancé, it'll make the problem worse if they see her like this."
I find it unbearable that her own family treats her this way, no wonder she has such pain in her eyes. "Look emma, if you really want to help her, just leave her here." She leaves the room, and I'm stuck here with my conscious saying to do the total opposite of what Katherine told me.
"You better have mercy of me tomorrow morning regina" I look down at her. She's laying on the floor still, on her back looking up at the ceiling "No mercy, no mercy" she yells giggling at her fingers making strange shapes at the ceiling "my head hurts, everything is blurry like old reruns" she cries, her voice is weak thanks to the cloud of whisky that's still floating in her brain.

In the parking lot I have successfully walked her to my car. Damn, she's heavy! Carefully helping her get in the back seat of my car, she looks flushed and slightly unfocused. I throw in her purse and shoes on the passengers seat. Her phone inside her purse keeps vibrating over and over again. Makes me wonder who it is. What if it's her mother that's worried for her, or robin? Maybe I should answer to give him a piece of my mind. I shake the idea of my head and hurry in my car. Driving down to my apartment, Regina kept murmuring and giggling at every word she said. "Why is the world moving in circles?" And "who's car is this?" Many other questions she'd repeat over and over. She was like a fifteen year old that had her first beer, or maybe even worse. "We're almost there regina, stay put please."

Settling in the parking lot of the apartments. I struggle to get regina out of the car. I hold her tight by her hip, she has both her arms around my neck to support herself. She fails to stand still and falls against me, pushing me against the car. She looks up at me, gazing intensely into my soul. All those forbidden, unfamiliar feelings that I have tried to deny surface and run amok through my drained body. I'm mortified, absolutely off-the-charts thrilled, trapped by her erotic dark brown deep eyes. I pause, fractionally too long, drinking in the sight of her. I'm terrified of what's about to happen. She's closer and closer, her nose brushes against mine. My breathing alters as my heart races. The atmosphere between us changes, charged with an electric, exhilarating anticipation. "Emma love me" she plead. Oh dear god! She wants me. Regina Mills, goddess beauty wants me, and I want her. Her eyes draw down to my lips, she grasp me by my blazer. Suddenly her lips are on mine. They're soft, tender and taste like whisky mixed with the smell of roses. She's biting and teasing my bottom lip with the tip of her tongue. I moan into her mouth, giving her tongue an opening. She takes full advantage, her tongue expertly exploring my mouth. How can something so bad, feel so good? I know I should stop her, push her back. It's not the right thing to do. Of course I wanted to kiss her but not like this, the condition she's in makes me feel like I'm taking advantage of her. "You. Are. So. Sweet," I murmur when our lips part. Her breathing is same as mine, she's close to my lips wanting more but I keep back. It just doesn't feel like the right thing but, dear god I sure wanted more of those sensual lips of her's. Now she stands back, too far. My heart rate is still out of this world, I feel like I've run an uphill race. She's making a strange expression, she's frowning at me. Oh no! Is she about to yell at me for kissing her back? I start thinking of many apologies as she holds my arms attempting to move back.
"Regina are you.."
She doubles over my arm, her body no longer able to tolerate the alcohol, and she vomits spectacularly on to the ground. I grab her hair and pull it out of the firing line and gently lead her over to the edge of sidewalk. Letting her throw up all that whisky inside her. Holding her tight and her hair in a makeshift ponytail down her back so it's off her face. She vomits again and again, until it finally stops. Her hands resting on the back of my car, I take a hand off her wrist for a moment to take out a handkerchief from my pocket I discreetly took from regina's office earlier today. A perfectly, freshly laundered linen handkerchief with the initials MGE engraved on it. I didn't know you could still buy these. I took it for the strange reason I though it smelled like regina. I help wipe her mouth with it. She groans and puts her head in her hand. I help her back up and walk inside the apartment. After that moment, I forgot about what explanation to give ruby. She might not like the idea, but where else was regina going to stay? We walk in and it's dark inside, I'm praying that ruby is asleep already since it's passed midnight. I place regina down gently on the couch in the living room, she groans loudly "shhh regina, it's ok" I whisper to her. I startle as the lights turn on, it's ruby standing by the kitchen with her wolf pijamas and a angry expression.
"What the hell emma?" She argued quietly. "It's a long story I can't explain right now, but regina is going to spend the night here."
She laughs "oh emma, you've really outdone yourself this time." I find myself lost in what seemed to be a joke of her's. "Bringing you're boss home drunk on your first day, I don't think anyone on their first date can top that off." She laughs again. Making me blush at her stupid joke. If she only knew what happened a few seconds ago, the joke might have been more accurate. I flush and think of a distraction to calm my nerves "can you help me get her up to my room please? She'll sleep on my bed and I'll spend the night in the couch."