Chapter 6: Caught up feelings

In that one slight emotion, I see the begging of hope. To a new chapter in my life. Regina could have been avoiding me these past days, but that spark of fireworks I saw in her eyes when we touched, when my hand was on hers, said more than words. Tonight was when I will make more moves. Talk to her without feeling intimidated.

My hands dig around my closet until I find the only somewhat expensive black high heels I posses. It goes well with the dress ruby got for me. It's not a gown though. A white chiffon halter-v neck dress, with printed black roses, the skirt passed my knees, which gave enough view of my heels. Ruby was in charge of my hair and make up. In her eyes, my choice of foundation and hairspray wasn't very stylish. A braid followed my natural curls to my left side shoulder, pink peach color lips and to finish the look my good luck charm, a swan necklace. I double check myself in the mirror, eyes bright, cheeks slightly flushed, and a confident smile.
"Great job, rubs" I high five her for her amazing job as we both look in the mirror.

I am dressed and ready when six strikes the clock. Regina had ordered me to arrive at least two hours earlier. The dinner starts at nine, I have more than enough time. It is just before six when I park my beetle into the parking lot of the Sheraton hotel. I notice, Regina's Mercedes-Benz is parked on the reserved spot near the front entrance. As I'm about to walk in the hotel, I receive a text message from regina. She's never texted me before, it's odd.

Ms. Swan please report to my suite to go over tonight's schedule.

I have a strange feeling about this, Katherine seemed to have everything under control with this dinner. What could possibly be wrong at this time? Through the hallways I find the elevators. I huff as I see the "out of service" sign. I walk to the other side of the hotel for more elevators, I find the ballroom where the dinner will be held. I take a peek, it's breathtaking. Roses on every table, gorgeous shining chandeliers, and a dance floor made of crystals. Oh my! No wonder regina asked me to dress elegant. I wonder around the empty ballroom, I noticed two back doors behind the mini bar. It's halfway open. I hear a strange noise coming from behind the door. I get closer to find out who's here. Holy shit! It's robin, regina's fiancé. Making out with a blonde girl in the room. Oh, my worst suspicions confirmed. This asshole is cheating on her, why? He has such a beautiful woman by his side. Is he not conscious of that? I back up, avoiding for them not to see me. It's gross, unbelievably cold-hearted. I am disgusted, paralyzed by what I just witnessed. My anger is about to act before, about to hiss at him the worst words I could think of when my phone rings. It's regina. I run out before they notice me.

It's the right thing to tell regina, for her to open her eyes about this imbecile. She needs to know this, now! I find the working elevators, rush to regina's suite. Wait! How the hell do I say this to her?
"I just caught your fiancé cheating on you" No that's not the best way. I need to arrange this in my head before I knock. Before I come up with the words, I freeze as regina opens the door.
"Ms. Swan where the hell have you been?" She's pissed. Her eyebrows arch in a unpleasant way.
"I'm s-sorry Ms. Mills, i got distracted" I stutter.

Crap! I'm speechless. She's wearing a black robe, her make-up lovely as usual, her hair pinned up in a volume bun. I walk in after her. Her night gown is set on the couch where she sits. It's black, stunned with black crystals. It shinned gorgeously just like her. She looks disturbed, her eyes reflect pain like I've noticed before.
"I need you to change the schedule and guest list" her tone is clipped. I take out the folder with the guest list and pen.
"Remove robin locksley off the list and off my table" she demands.
I'm shocked for a moment at her words. What if she knows already and is trying to hide it?
"He's not showing up tonight, he has something more important to do than to be here" her voice is deep, heartbreaking. She glances up at me, the sadness in her watery eyes shattered me into pieces.
"I'm sorry Ms. Mills, do you want me to cancel the dinner?" With a knot in my throat, with the wish to run to her arms and have her cry on my shoulder I look at her. She hesitates for a second "don't be ridiculous of course not, go to the ballroom and get everything set up."