Chapter 10: Dreams do come true

When I wake, it's still dark. I have no idea how long I've been sleeping. I am floating, my limbs soft and languid, utterly spent. I'm laying next to her, my head resting on the soft pillow close to her naked body, and oh my, she looks divine. Sleeping like the beauty she is, Wow. What a view. She's facing me and I have an unprecedented opportunity to examine her. Her lovely face never looked more flawless, relaxed in sleep. Her sculptured, pouty lips are parted slightly, and her shiny, clean hair is a glorious mess. How could anyone look this good asleep and still be legal?

I could gaze at her all night, but I have needs, bathroom needs. Slipping out of bed, I find my imagine dragons tour shirt and shrug it on. I walk through a door thinking it's the bathroom, but I'm in a long walk-in closet as big as my bedroom. All regina's clothing, expensive dresses, fine high heels and much more. Damn! This woman is a serious fashion hot mess. I find myself lost in regina's huge apartment. Regina lives back at her mansion with her mother, but she secretly bought this apartment for our covertly meetings. I still wasn't used to where to find everything in this apartment. I remember where the bathroom door is and walk in. The bathroom is big, exaggerated. Two sinks, a huge tub, reminds me Regina and I haven't made use of that huge tub.

I stare at myself in the gigantic mirror above the two sinks. I look different, feel different. There's an odd glare in my eyes, I never had before. A cheek to cheek smile that showed all my teeth, and my cheeks with a brighter pink color. I wince as I look in the mirror. Could it be too soon to call this love? One thing was for sure, that I had completely falling for a woman who's beyond beautiful, richer than I could imagine and hasn't come out to her family. I sigh bewildered and confused.

I walk out and notice regina is not in bed. I pad quietly to the living room. She's in her black silky robe, a glass of water in her hand and sitting on the couch. Her expression is sad and forlorn, like the one she had when I first met her. She glances up, her unfathomable brown eyes bright, her expression is unreadable.
"Sorry," I whisper. "I didn't mean to wake you up." A frown flits across her face. She runs her fingers through her hair, with a stressful sigh.
"It's fine, I needed a glass of water." She admonishes.
I walk towards the couch and sit beside her. I take her hand, pull it to my mouth and sweetly kiss her knuckles. Her lips quirk up in a half smile.
"We need to go to bed,"
she orders.
"We'll be exhausted in the morning."
"What's wrong regina? Something is wrong I know it." I murmur.

Her eyes narrow, her body bathed in the warm light cast by a lamp beside her. She seemed lost in thought, it's like she's in her own isolated little dark world, untouchable, lonely in a bubble.
"No, I don't want to worry you with my nonsense." She mutters.
"Regina, please don't hold anything back. You don't have to do that with me." I say softly.
"I'm afraid, terrified about anyone finding out. How will my mother react? How will everyone I know react? I just-"
I stop her by cupping her cheeks on my hands. Setting her soft gaze towards me, her eye released a small tear. I clean her tear with my thumb.
"It's going to be fine, we'll work something out when the moment comes." I murmur and kiss the tip of her nose lightly.
"For now, i think we should just enjoy these precious moments." I smile firmly.
"You're right. Like your graduation ceremony tomorrow." She glares at me.
"I'm actually a bit nervous about that. My graduation seemed so far and now it's tomorrow." I shrug.
"You'll do just fine, like you always do." She gazed at me, her expression is warm. It soothes me.

Leaning down, she gives me a brief kiss. Soft, lingering five seconds kiss. She looks me in the eyes, with a curious look. Her brow furrows.
"What was you're dream when you would graduate?" She asked.
She looks at me expectantly waiting for my answer. She's asking me a personal question, I'm caught off guard.
"Well, the first thing I wanted to do when I graduated was, visit my favorite city. Paris." I cock my head to one side and smile at her.
"Interesting," she pauses and frowns. "Why Paris?"
"To me it's a very unique, beautiful and romantic city. I always wanted to experience the magic that lives in that city." I explain.
"I'm beginning to feel your a hopeful romantic like your mother." She giggles.

I stare down at my fingers and laugh. She's right, I am a ridiculous romantic like my mother.
"Come love, let's go back to sleep."
She puts her arm around me and gently walks me back to the bedroom. I take a minute to realize she called me "love." My whole body shivers, it makes me blush furiously. We're back at the bedroom and climb in bed together. She clambers in besides me and pulls me into her embrace, wrapping her arms around me so that im facing away from her. She begins to trail featherlight kisses around my ear, oh! It feels like heaven.
"Sleep, my sweet swan," she murmurs and I close my eyes. I immediately drift off to a peaceful sleep.