Part 15

And then he kissed my mom....
___________________________________

    James slammed his hand against the horn. Causing both of them to look up and see us... Mom starts to walk towards the car. I shake my head and start to cry Quinn leans over and tells James to drive. He pulls out and peels out of the spot on to the road. I'm used to James reckless driving he used to go through about 5 RC cars a year when he was younger.
    "What the hell..." Quinn murmurs. I reach forward and put my hand on his shoulder ; He shrugs my hand off. Soon we are home... I run to my room lock the door grab paper pen and climb on my roof.
Daddy, I don't know how to put this... I think Mom is having an affair. She went out with Lukas Kelly for drinks and I know we shouldn't have but me and James and Quinn spied and he kissed her.... I'm sorry this letter is full of sorrow but you deserve to know
Love
RIANNE GABRIELLE McCOY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dad never got the letter. That's because they found his body. Dead. Killed in action.  Because that afternoon I went to go check the mail and put my letter in the mail box and the black SUV with 2 of his best friends and the Sargent where in the car. I fell to my knees, because I knew. Tyler one of my dads friends came and picked me up and held me and let me bawl. While the others knocked on the door and delivered the flag and news to my mother. That night I held Tank in my bed and just cried. Aiden tried to come on and help me. I ended up calling Daniel in California and telling him. Britney decided to go stay with her parents and give us a few days to grieve. There was and still is a whole in my heart without my Dad. Tonight I wandered down the stairs. Ate a banana and let Tank out. I peeked into my moms room. It wasn't fair for me to be mad at her with her heart broken. She was laying in bed holding the flag and staring at a wall. When they told her she didn't cry she went into shock and took the flag. I walked up to her and hugged her she sat up placed the flag on the night stand and hugged me then she cried her eyes out...
-----
To those who never came home....