Fifty Nine

My mouth opened and closed at her words.
Jocelyn just sat there smugly, grinning like she just won the lottery.

"What was that? How did I know?" Jocelyn accused, her face contorting into an evil smirk.

I sat there, feeling completely helpless.

"I don't know. Maybe it was they way you guys looked at each other. All that lovey-dovey shit in your eyes. And the lust! Oh so much of that," she exclaimed loudly as if it were the funniest joke on the planet.

"The best part was, he would moan your name in his sleep, the times we did sleep in the same bed."

I cringed as I felt tears wetting my cheeks.

"I tried to be logical. Why would my husband have feelings for my daughter? I'm the one he married, right? Yeah, well, I couldn't have been more wrong," she spat.

My voice trembled. "Mom, he did love you."

"Shut up!" She screamed and I held back a whimper. "If that dick loved me, he'd never leave me for someone like you."

"Maybe it was because you changed. Ever thought of that?" I retorted back.

"That's the thing about love, you love them no matter what. He ditched me after things got hard!"

"No. You did," I told her and she nearly started jumping up and down in anger. "What do you even know about love?"

"How could you? I'm your mother! How could you do this to me?"

I got up, my face closer to hers now. "I didn't want this to happen. I couldn't help my feelings and he couldn't help his. Especially after you cheated on him first!"

My phone that was resting on the table vibrated, interrupting our argument. Luke's name flashed brightly.

"Speak of the devil," she muttered.

I was about to turn around to pick up the phone, but I watched as my mother reach inside her jacket and pull out a gun, aiming directly at my head.

"Like I said earlier. It all started here. And I plan to end things here."

>:)

Oh and Shoutout to Strxssxd for helping me with this idea so blame her for this evilness. Lol jk no hate