Meeting

A crystal, blue sky dotted with cotton white clouds looked down upon me as I stared back up at it wondering how vast and limitless it could be. 'Hey wasting what precious time you have left staring up at the clouds isn't going to solve your problems you know Hiboku. Come, let's go back home,' whispered a familiar voice of a depressing memory from ages past. Ironically, as an immortal being, I now have nothing but time to spare. Had I not been stubborn and foolish when I was still mortal, I wouldn't have to this despairing eternity of loneliness and heartache. Shaking my head to be rid of those constant thoughts, I arise from my cloud-viewing spot and slowly start my way back towards my  home in the highest part of the mountain.

Taking the long way back home--which consists of a path that crosses an enormous forest, a lake (which may as well be an ocean) that harbors an enchanting waterfall, and a steep, rocky mountain side just beyond the waterfall where in a hole at its peak resides my home--I began walking. Due to my 'curse' and past....experiences, I chose to isolate myself from the humans and live in my own minuscule world. Although it does get terribly dreary and painful at times, cloud-viewing, protecting the forest, and watching the world down below from the mountain eases my suffering a bit. There is not much one can do after being casted into an eternity of solitude, forbidden of trying to love anything (albeit I'd rather stick to humans). Nearly reaching the end of the forest, I notice two mortals that appeared to be in some type of quarrel. One tiny-framed brat with curly black locks and wearing an exquisitely  tailored kimono; the other a rather slender girl with long silver hair, wearing the unfortunate and repulsive rags of a servant's wardrobe.