Trepidation

Isunaryi

Realizing that I was there the figure, which turned out to be a very large man, turned to me. Unsure of what to do, I remained even more still. "Are you and the squirrel alright?" he asked concerned. I vaguely nodded my head yes and pointed at my brother. Deciding to rescue him, I gently laid the squirrel down on the ground and tried to reach for him but I stopped midway becoming aware of the fact that I could make the man angrier. Bowing deeply in dogeza style, I apologized. 

"W-w-whoever y-you a-a-are p-please don't k-k-kill him. S-should i-it p-p-please y-you a-a-allow m-me t-to t-take w-whatever p-punishment y-you h-h-have i-in mind in h-h-his stead." I begged praying that he would spare my brother's life. The man surprised by my actions, dropped my brother down rather harshly and once more asked for the condition of both myself and the squirrel. Looking up slowly, I answered saying that I was okay but the squirrel was in a critical state. 

"P-please don't preoccupy y-y-yourself with me. I-it is my duty as a s-s-servant to q-quietly protect and follow my master f-fervently even if he may be wrong, even if I am a-ailing and can no longer be of s-s-service. I must c-correct him when h-he is w-wrong but never go against him." I say adding an overwhelming feeling of darkness behind it without really meaning to. "T-thank y-you for s-sparring the young m-mas- no my brother's life. I am truly sorry for what he has done." I apologized once more as I slowly began to rise from the ground to pickup my brother's body. The instant I reached for him, the squirrel, who  had finally awoken, began to squeak in agony. In the blink of an eye the man scooped up the squirrel and began to emit a strange light from his hands. I realized that he was actually healing the creature. 

My heart sank to the depths of my body. 'Has my brother enraged a demon or something?'  I began to nervously tremble as my next thoughts spilled out of my mouth. "W-who or w-what are you?" 

Releasing the creature after one last check, the man turned to me and replied. "A cursed existence. I appointed myself into the protector of this land as I simply loathe seeing others suffer especially to the expense of someone or something, whether it be animal, plant, human, demon, insect, or another immortal such as a god like myself." 

'He has enraged a god!!!!'

  AN: I am terribly sorry everyone. I know its been a while since I last updated but I just couldn't find enough time with my first semester of college already starting. I know most of the content has been just repeats, I just wanted to show you guys both protagonists' (Hiboku and Isunaryi) point of view. Trust me after this the real story will begin (laughs evilly while rubbing hands together) so please bare with me. This is the first time I've actually tried publishing any of my works to an actual audience. I'm grateful for such avid readers like you guys to pickup my story. Shout out to badboys_turn_me_on  for the comments. I enjoy getting feedback and your thoughts on the matter so please comments whenever you can!!! Thank you for choosing my story and I hope you continue to so until the end.