Chapter 3: The conversation

"You could've given to me a more specific warning, you crazy stupid dragon!"

The dragon narrowed its eyes and growled menacingly at her, feeling offended. But Lucy couldn't care less, she is fuming with anger. They dropped down from more than a thousand feet sky just now! Not only it had terrified her to no end, she nearly fainted by the time they reach the ground. It also made her feel very dizzy.

"You think it's fun to drop down the sky anytime? Anyone could've died, b-by heart attack!" She ranted on. The dragon just scoffed and rolled its eyes.

"Yeah, only you would think so." She mumbled, while crossing her arms in front of herself. Now they had wandered deep into the forest they landed before, with Lucy trailing behind the massive beast. She complained and moped throughout the journey, hoping to stop for a while but the dragon won't budge. Stubborn dragon.

Her feet ached from walking for miles through the forest, her skin suffered from blisters and scratches by the twigs and branches, and her dress, torn and tattered by the encounter just now. Lucy sighed in exasperation, wanting the dragon to tell her that they have reached wherever their destination was and have a rest, yet something tells her that it wasn't going to be that near.

"Are we there yet?" She huffed. "We've been walking for miles and miles but I don't see anything that lead us to somewhere you want to go!"

The dragon grunted. She frowned, wondering about one thing that had been in her mind all day.

"Why won't you talk to me?"

Silence.

"Hey. Hello? Dragon?"

More silence.

"Are you giving me the silent treatment now? Did I do something wrong? If I did, you can tell me you know. I won't be mad at you, I- "

"Do you ever shut up?"

Her eyes lit up as she walked nearer to the dragon, delighted that it finally spoke to her. It had now slowed down its pace, looking at her in which she think is annoyance. Lucy smiled sheepishly at the dragon, and mumbled a small apology.

Still, the silence resumed. Cannot hold in any longer, she opened her mouth to speak when she noticed something. The dragon looked really exhausted. She observed it closely to realise that it staggered a little while walking, though only slightly. Lucy decided not to talk as she quietly stayed behind the dragon.

Bump!

"Oww! Hey... Why did you stop?" Lucy groaned, while rubbing her aching forehead. She glared up at the dragon.

"We're here." It growled.

A/N : Sorry, still short as ever... but at least I tried. Um, I'm gonna change the dragon's it into he. You get what I mean? Even though the dragon is a creature, it's still a male.