Chapter 10

"Alicia, can you please stay?" I asked her.

She turned to look at Felix, who nodded stiffly and turned away to leave, with strawberry following suit with a smile. She snaked her arms around his and the evil glint did not go unnoticed. But neither did my cold stare which made her flinch in fear.

"Come with me." I said to Alicia. "I have some questions."

She nodded and the three of us walked back to the Eva's studio. My sister was making the doll I asked for with a sad look on her face. She looked so engrossed in her thoughts that I felt bad placing my hand on her shoulder. She gently squeezed my hand and cleared her head by shaking it. Turning around she saw Alicia, who smiled gleefully at her.

"Hello, I'm Eva. Eve's older sister." She extended her hand.

"Alicia. I didn't know Eve had a sister." Alicia giggled and shook my sister's hand.

"I have three brothers as well." I shrugged and took my seat in front of the canvas.

Alicia's eyes widened, while Amy produced a chair for her. She thanked him and sat down, marveling at my handy work.

"Is that Morrigan?"

"Yes. I've asked Eve to make a porcelain doll as well." I said, slowly painting the dress. "I do owe Cassandra a lot."

Alicia nodded and Eva cleared her throat. We looked up at her and she smiled kindly at us.

"I'm going inside, do you girls want anything?" She asked.

"Black coffee." The both of us said in union and laughed.

"Alright I'll bring it out in a few minutes. By the way Eve, I'm done with the doll. She's only missing your magical touch so I'm leaving you to it."

I nodded and she left. Indeed after a few minutes she returned with three mugs of black coffee and left us to do our jobs.

"Alicia tell me, who drew the reversed pentagram and placed an altar for the Devil in that house." I said blindly staring at my painting.

"It was Serena. The pink haired girl you talked with." Alicia gripped her mug. "She is s bit... off. If I have to say psychotic even."

"What do you mean by that?"

"She is not a full blooded witch. The only power she has is to light up candles." She scoffed.

"She is a power hungry human. Greedy and shallow." Amy said and Alicia nodded.

"That house up on the hill once belonged to Felix's father. He was a normal farmer and very loved by the people of this town, until an incident occurred."

I stopped painting and placed the brush next to the palette. Now I was curious and faced Alicia to confirm she can continue.

"Felix was only eight, while I was five years old. There was a tragic fire in that house when a party was held there by his dad and a lot of people died, including both of my parents. Cassandra lost her legs to the fire and was never the cheerful woman again. Felix's dad died while saving us, the kids, but unfortunately he saved the fire starter as well, Serena. She somehow lit a curtain on fire and it spread, but of course she just laughed while it happened."

I glanced at Amy who listened carefully to every word uttered by Alicia.

"After a few years, the house was rebuilt, but it was never the same and Felix and his mother moved out to the coven house, taking me with them. The house became abandoned and Serena decided to try some magic there."

"She evoked the Devil right?" I asked, remembering the multiple jars with different body parts.

"It never worked." Alicia shrugged.

"Of course it didn't. Even Lucifer needs something for his services. The man isn't stupid to let some human play with him for free." Amy rolled his eyes.

"She tried for years to bring forth a demon or even a spirit, but she failed again and again. Somehow she got favored by Felix and well..." Alicia glanced at me unsure.

"Became his fiancé?" I asked and she nodded. "You can tell me, it won't affect me whatsoever. I don't exactly know what I feel for him so.."

"She bossed us around like slaves, Felix and Cassandra letting her, until a new presence entered this town." Alicia smiled and I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "We saw you in the SUV you guys came in. You were asleep, but Felix clearly had his eyes glued to you as you passed through town. So when he found out that your practically neighbors he was psyched."

"But I never saw him... The first time we met was in Kylie's craft shop..."

"That's because he left Serena to help you. You drew him to you and when that man hit you, Felix teleported himself to your house to beat the shit out of him. Do you know he was smiling when he came back home?"

"I was told by Merlin and Kylie that his smile is a rare sight." I shyly looked away.

"It is. And when his mother saw him, she knew it was about a girl and literally ran Serena off her throne." Alicia smiled and I laughed. "Cassandra was definitely surprised when she saw you."

"Why?"

"Well... I'll let her explain that one day..." Alicia glanced at Amy then back at me. "Now can I ask you something?"

I stopped for a minute and stared at her. I knew what question was coming next and sighed in defeat. She did just tell me the whole history behind the Mathews family. I at least owe her that much.

"Sure." I answered, holding Amy's hand.

"What did Amy mean by lovers earlier?"

I almost fell from my chair. This was so not the question I expected. It wasn't even near it!

"He didn't mean it literally." I said.

"I just said it to piss the boy off." Amy shrugged. "I wanted to see what kind of emotion did the man who shamelessly kissed my mistress harbored."

"Wait you saw that?!" I shrieked, my cheeks getting red all of a sudden.

"That's what awoke me." Amy smirked, knowingly.

God the embarrassment I felt was so off the charts.

"So..." Alicia cleared her throat. "What was this about a kiss?"

Amy I will so kill you for this!