Chapter 17

"Awee, isn't this cute." A female voice sounded from the window and my stomach dropped at the familiarity of it. "Who know you could score a hunk like him?"

I sat up and my eyes met those green pools of my old time best friend.

"Farrah..."

My eyes were wide as I gripped Felix's legs. The girl I once called my best friend sat in the window, casually twirling a knife between her fingers. She was still the same. Long blonde hair, green eyes and septum ring. But what changed were the new tattoos on her arms, neck even on her face. She did not only physically change but I felt even her mental shift.

"Hey Evie, missed me?" She asked through a giggle. "Cause I missed you. And the fun we used to do."

Please don't remind me of that. Please don't remind me of the shit we used to do. The people we hurt, the kids we killed all for nothing. The guilt was eating me from the inside. Ever since we moved.

"You just suddenly disappeared Evie. Your house was empty, nobody knew where you went. It was mean to leave like that." She jumped inside the room and started walking towards us. "But no matter, master Lucious found you. Now you can come back with us and we can live like we used to."

A shiver went down my spine. Those words held no fun, they held promise of pain, for me. 

"I'm not going back Farrah." I said, crawling a bit more towards Felix who held me in a tender yet protective hug. "I don't want to be involved with Lucious anymore."

"How can you say that Evie? After all master Lucious did for you..." She made a hurt expression. "Even after the care I showed you, you still choose to go away?"

That care which you oh so kindly showed me was nothing but sexual molestation in a bathtub which I refused to acknowledge being in my own little world. I hate it it, better said I despised every second I had to spend with you!

"Yes. I want to stay with Felix." I gripped Felix's shirt. 

I wasn't particularly scared of her. I was more afraid of Lucious and what he could do to my family or friends... or even worse, Felix. 

"Wrong answer Evie." Farrah said and threw one of her knives at us. 

I closed my eyes in fear, ripping some of Felix's shirt in the process. A growl erupted in the room and I heard Farrah squeak. Peeking one eye open, I saw a black lion in front of us, growling at Farrah. Not soon after Amy stood in his own true form and my eyes shut again. 

I hated this sight of him.

"Hmph. Evie this is not nice. You and me should be catching up on our play time, not fighting among each other." Farrah pouted.

"Warlock." Amy addressed Felix, who looked up surprised. "Take our mistress to safety. What ever may happen, you will protect her with your life."

Felix was dumbfounded but somehow managed to get off the bed and pull me by the arm to go with him. 

"Ah, where are you going Evie?" Farrah looked a bit panicked. "Don't leave me again Eve." Now she was livid.

She tried to jump over to us, but Amy smacked her down with his palm. He nodded to Felix who gently, but strongly dragged me out the room and down the stairs. 

The party was still lively and people were jumping each other as if they've never seen the species we call the opposite sex. Not knowing where to go or hide, Felix took a random turn towards the kitchen where Eli, Dylan and Alicia were having a heated conversation which abruptly stopped when they saw both me and Felix out of breath.