Chapter 22

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my alarm going off. I sighed, not feeling like getting up but I knew I had to since I was going to school today. I turned it off lazily and I got out of bed feeling like a zombie. Why did school have to start so early?

Damon, Tom, Bellamy and I had gone to bed late last night because when we got back from the palace we explained everything that had happened since Damon and Tom wanted to know.

I decided to wear a white top that was a bit like a blouse, slightly tucked in at the front of a pair of black skinny jeans. I quickly got ready in the bathroom and put my hair up in a bun, not wanting to be late. I had about ten minutes left to get ready and meet boys downstairs.

I gave myself one last glance in the mirror and slipped on my shoes. I grabbed my bag that I had sorted out the night before and put all my books in ready for the lessons I had today. I didn't have time to go to my locker the first day I started school, so I still had all my books.

Once I was sure I had everything I need in my bag, I clipped on the tiffany's bracelet that Bellamy had given me on my birthday.

''Astra come on!'' Damon shouted from down stairs.

''I'm coming!'' I shouted back and ran down the stairs.

The boys were ready and waiting by the front door to leave. Damon was eating an apple and Bellamy was eating and slice of toast whilst Tom was just drinking what looked like a milkshake of some sort.

Bellamy pecked me on the lips and said, ''Morning.''

''Morning,'' I replied.

''Lets go, don't want to be late.'' Tom said, cheerfully. He picked up his car keys from the side and walked out the front door.

''Why's he so cheerful this early in the morning?'' I asked, confused.

''I bet he's dying to tell you himself. Ask him in the car.'' Bellamy said whilst laughing.

''Catch.'' I heard Damon say. I quickly turned to see an apple flying at me, luckily my reflexes weren't terrible so I managed to catch it before it hit me in the face.

''I thought you would be hungry so I got you an apple.'' He said.

''Thanks.'' I replied.

The three of us walked out the door and got into Tom's car. Tom was already in there waiting for us. I sat in the back with Damon, whilst Bellamy sat at the front in the passenger seat.

Once the car was moving, I decided to ask Tom why he was so cheery.

''So Tom, why are you so happy?''

''It's friday the 13th tomorrow.'' He replied as if that explained it all.

''I know that, but what has that got to do with you being so happy?''

''You've heard about how unlucky it is and that it's also known as black friday, right?'' Once I nodded he carried on.

''Well on every friday 13th, some pack members who want to join in, get together in the forest in the dark and we split up into pairs. Ten people, so five pairs. One pair will be the hunters and the other four will be the prey. All four pairs have to try and make sure the hunters don't get them, which is hard since the forest is not very big. Once you get caught you have to come out of the forest and a light will go off in the sky which will be the colour of your team. Last pair left not caught, wins."

"Sounds fun. I'll play." Damon said. I nodded in agreement because it did in fact seem really fun.

"So far it's me, Damon. What about you Astra?" Tom asked, whilst keeping an eye ahead on the road.

"I might as well. I have nothing else to do anyway." I replied.

"Yes! Now all we need is seven more people and then we are sorted." Tom now had a huge smile on his face.

"Aren't you going to be playing?" I asked Bellamy.

"I really wanted to, but I'm meeting my parents down town for dinner. They want to talk about something with me." He explained.

Before I could reply, the school loomed over us and Tom cheerily said, "we're here."

We all for out of the car and it felt really awkward because students were watching Damon and I. They probably still hadn't gotten used to us since it was only my second day here and Damon's third.

Bellamy came over and held my hand. Showing everyone that I was his.

However, that's when she caught my eye. A girl with bright red hair, that was obviously died and bright blue eyes that were most likely coloured contacts. She has a tonne of makeup on, no exaggeration.

To top it off, she was wearing a very tight, low cut white crop top and a very short pink skirt. Was this even allowed at this school, or any other school in fact?

But what actually caught my eye, was that she was stating daggers at me. If looks could kill, I would be definitely be dead.

"Ignore her, she's Chelsey. Long story short, she has a bad reputation of sleeping with a lot of guys." Tom said quietly so that no one else could hear. He probably saw her looking at me.

"That's what I'm planning to do. She doesn't seem like she likes me very much." I replied back.

"She's just jealous of you. Don't pay any attention to her, she's not worth it."

I nodded and we finally came to a stop inside the school.

"Have you got the papers with your locker number on?" Bell asked.

"Yep. Here it is." I took it out and skimmed through the writing until I found my locker number. "It's 149."

"I'm down the hall from you. Mine's 157." Damon said.

"He's next to her isn't he?" Bellamy asked with anger in his eyes, whilst looking at Tom.

Tom nodded. "He won't do anything, he knows he'll have us to deal with."

"Who?" I asked, confused.

"Lewys." Bellamy said in disgust.

"The vampire?"

He just nodded in response.

Oh great! Now I had a vampire to deal with.

Not much has happened in this chapter, but I wanted to update today because I won't be able to for the next week since I'm going on holiday.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. The picture above or to the side is of Astra's outfit.

Thanks for reading!

Please Vote,
Comment
Or Share!

Thanks xxx