Chapter 39

Ruby's POV

*1 Week Later*

"I'm going to head out. Luke texted me and said that he wants to talk to me about something urgent." Astra said once she had gotten changed.

I was about to reply when Bellamy walked in.

"What's so urgent that he wants to see you now? Can't he just tell you over the phone?" Jealousy was evident in his voice and anger was clear in his eyes.

"Stop it Bell. There's no need in you to get jealous." Astra replied angrily.

I sighed resting my head against the wall. I felt sick as it was, and them two weren't helping by arguing. I just felt like bursting into tears.

"I'm not jea..." I cut Bellamy off in anger.

"Will you two argue somewhere else! I'm honestly not in the mood to hear you both bickering over nothing."

They both looked at me, shocked by my outburst.

"Get out now." Astra told Bellamy sternly.

He did as she said and left, closing the bedroom door behind him after giving me a concerned glance.

"What's wrong?" Astra asked me with concern.

Tears sprang up in my eyes and my hands began to tremble.

'I will not cry', I kept telling myself.

"There's...so..something I have to do. I'll tell you about it later."

She looked at me with uncertainty of whether to leave or not.

"Go. If he said it's urgent, then it might have something to do with Jonathan."

She finally gave in and stood up.

"Will you be okay?"

I nodded in response. She gave me a quick hug before leaving the room.

I stood up with my whole body shaking.

I made my way into the ensuite and opened the cabinet where I had left the test in.

I took it out with trembling fingers and read it over again.

Positive.

How could it be? I tried ten tests and they all had come out as positive.

It was impossible, well that's what I had always thought anyway.

I placed the pregnancy test back in the box and slipped it into my coat pocket.

I had to tell Cameron, but I was afraid of what his reaction would be.

It had to be his child. I had only ever had sex with him and that was a week ago, on Christmas.

I slid onto the floor with tears escaping my eyes and running down my face like a stream.

I was scared. Scared of what Cameron would say. Scared of how he would react and scared of what he would say.

Would he stick by me if I truly was pregnant?