Chapter 35

I opened my eyes to be met with darkness. My wrists were stinging and head was throbbing. I tried to get up but there were chains holding me back.

I let my eyes adjust to the dark and my werewolf eye sight allowed me to see my surroundings.

By what I could see, I was in a cell with silver chains covered in wolfsbane, tied around my wrists and then attached to the wall.

I could feel that my werewolf was really weak and the wolfsbane was beginning to drain the energy from me.

Wolfsbane was a harmful plant. If mixed with water, it could be used on anything and still hurt a werewolf.

I didn't recognise the place. The only thing I could see past the metal bars was a brick wall.

All of a sudden I heard the sound of footsteps and my heart began to race.

"You are finally awake."

On the other side of the bars, stood a guy with blonde hair and blue eyes. He looked around the same age as me, if not older.

"Who are you?" My voice came out slightly raspy as I hadn't spoken in a while.

Something about him seemed familiar. I couldn't help but feel drawn to him, a strange pull.

"You'll find out some other time, but first I have to take you to Titus. He's been waiting to meet you." He took out a set of keys and unlocked the cell.

"Don't move." He said as he walked closer to me. "This is going to hurt."

He knelt down in front of me and reached out for my wrists. He placed a hand over one and hissed at the pain.

He closed his eyes and that's when I began to feel the chain begin to heat up. Not long after, the chain was off my wrist. He did the same to the other one and then I was free.

"Don't try and run away. I'll get you wherever you go." He warned.

However since I was stubborn, I did the exact thing he told me not to do. I began to run using all the energy I had. I made it out of the cell and and saw a set of stairs. Just when I was about to reach them, I was grabbed around the waist.

"Seriously? I tell you not to run and you do the exact opposite."

"Why would I listen to you? Let me go!"

"No can do." He spun me around so I was facing him and what I did not expect, was for him to throw me over his shoulder.

"Get off me!" I shouted, trying to wriggle out of his grasp.

He ignored me and carried on walking.

After he climbed up a set of stairs, we reached a door and I could just about manage to see light coming from underneath.

He opened it with one hand whilst holding me with the other.

I closed my eyes from the sudden light since my eyes were not yet used to the light again.

I reopened them to see the sun setting and the beautiful sky that was now covered in orange and yellow, with a hint of red.

"What's the time?" I asked him, wandering how long I had been down in the cell.

"It's around four pm." He answered.

That meant I had been missing for three hours.

I looked around and we were surrounded by tress. In the distance from where we had just come from, there was a small cellar where I must have been tied up in.

I could feel my werewolf beginning to gain its strength and our link was beginning to get stronger. In just a few minutes, I would be able to shift into my wolf and try and get away from this guy.

He stopped and I heard a door opening.

"Quickly come in before someone sees her." I heard a voice say.

We entered a house and he finally set me down on my feet.

This was the perfect time to escape.

"Hello Astra." In front of me stood a middle-aged man who had a small smile on his face. He looked tired and worn out.

"How do you know my name?" I asked.

"You are an elementalist. I know a lot about you." He replied as if that explained it all. "My name is Titus and this young man is Luke."

Oh so the guy who had thrown me over his shoulders was Luke.

"Take a seat. We are not going to hurt you." Titus told me as he took a seat.

"How can I trust you? He kidnapped me!" I exclaimed. Why on earth would someone kidnap me if they weren't going to hurt me?

Luke sat down too and looked at me in frustration. "Calm down love. That was the only way I could bring you here without that pathetic mate of yours getting defensive." He sighed. "He's just like all those typical mates."

"So why am I here?" I asked whilst sitting down beside Luke.

"No one understand your powers fully except for Luke and I." Titus explained.
"Also, you are not safe from Jonathan. He needs to be defeated once and for all."

"I know he does but how? He's really good at hiding."

"Jonathan is looking for all four elementalists because he has a plan. We need to find the rest before he does." Luke added.

"How?" This seemed impossible.

"One is on MoonRise Island. So we find him before Jonathan does. "

"It is most likely that Jonathan knows about his whereabouts like us." Titus said.

It finally occurred that MoonRise Island was what Apollo had told me about.

"I have the elemental powers just like you. With both of us together, we can find the other two and defeat Jonathan." Luke revealed to my surprise. 

"We want Jonathan gone as much as you do."

I thought about it for a moment and it did sound like a good plan. Find the two, powerful people Jonathan needs and use them against him. 

Luke turned to me. "Are you in?"

I nodded. "You can definitely count me in."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. :)

Please make sure to read the authors's note in the end of the next chapter that will be uploaded on Friday.

Please Vote,
Comment
And Share!

Thanks xxx