Chapter 30

Ruby and I had gotten ready and I had told her to wait for me downstairs whilst I rang my mum. I decided that one would be called my 'human' mum and the other would be my 'real' mum, so I wouldn't get confused.

The phone rang a couple of times until my human mum answered.

"Astra?" She said first, unsure whether it was me calling.

I didn't blame her for being unsure. The last time we had spoken I was angry and upset at her.

"Yea it's me." I replied.

She sighed in relief.

"I'm so glad you called me. I've been so worried about you, but Damon has been telling me that you are okay. I just wanted to hear your voice."

"I'm okay mum. I just needed some time to think about things."

"I'm surprised you're still calling me mum."

"I realised what you did was to protect me and in the end,  you are the one who bought me up."

"I'm glad. How are things going at your new school? Have you made new friends?" She asked, her tone full of worry.

"Everything's good here. I've met a lot of new people and have many great friends. I also found my mate." I told her happily.

I could tell she was smiling when she said, "that's great honey. Is he good to you?"

"Yea. His name's Bellamy, I know you would love him if you met him."

"You will have to Skype me in your spare time then. I can new him that way."

I laughed at her idea and agreed.

"I have to go now mum. Me and my friend are going shopping."

"Okay honey. Take care and you know you can use your debit card if you need anything. I'll keep putting money on it for you."

"Thanks mum. I'll try to get a job to pay for things I need."

"I love you honey. Bye."

"I love you too." With that I ended the call and placed my phone in my jeans pocket.

I grabbed my bag and made my way downstairs.

Ruby was waiting for me by the front door.

"Ready to shop?" She asked, excitedly.

"Yep." I said, whilst smiling.

"Let's go. I'll take my car."

I nodded and followed her out.

She had a matte, black Audi which I was already in love with.

Once we were in the car with our seat belts on, the radio turned on and she put on Capital FM.

'Don't Stop' by 5 Seconds of Summer, blared out the speakers on full volume.

We both began to sing along loudly.

After about twenty minutes, we arrived at a car park. She parked the car after we found a parking space and we both got out.

"I'll got get a parking ticket." She told me.

I nodded and was left standing by the car alone.

She came back and put the ticket on the main, front window of the car.

We walked to a street, that was lined with shops down the sides. Christmas lights were up, but not turned on since it was too light to yet.

"So what shop are we going to first?" I asked Ruby.